Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

So 2 of the quarter silkies were broody. One only for a week and a half. She heard the eggs a few days ago and moved in with the hen who's been sitting eggs. The last one hatched this afternoon.
20200729_152916.jpg

So Mom has to call and tell me the story about how she brought home a stray.

She lives over in Eastern Oregon so all hot and dry and 105+ today. She was at the town grocery store and there was a praying mantis holding on to the automatic door as she left. Mom reached out and held a finger in front of it until it stepped up. She took it to the side of the building and it refused to step off and started shaking and backing up. She put it on the car seat next to her and took it home. It stepped up on her finger and she took it over to the giant grape she has growing in front of the house. The mantis happily hopped over to the grape.

It's just a kind of cute tale

So Mom has to call and tell me the story about how she brought home a stray.

She lives over in Eastern Oregon so all hot and dry and 105+ today. She was at the town grocery store and there was a praying mantis holding on to the automatic door as she left. Mom reached out and held a finger in front of it until it stepped up. She took it to the side of the building and it refused to step off and started shaking and backing up. She put it on the car seat next to her and took it home. It stepped up on her finger and she took it over to the giant grape she has growing in front of the house. The mantis happily hopped over to the grape.

It's just a kind of cute tale
That's the perfect kind of stray to take home! 💞

I gave my old Faverolles Tezza a bath today, poor girl had dried poo pretty bad. Her fluffiness hid it so I’ll have to remember to look at her more often.
Anyhow DH asked if I would need some help and I said no but it would be a cute picture of a hen taking a bubble bath in a Crock Pot! :gig I think he was grossed out by the mention of crusty poo, so unfortunately no picture!

Back
Top Bottom