Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I’m also really happy with how my rooster turned out. He’s so good with the ladies and all he cares about is food. I thought his size might be a problem so we separated him with his buddies in a bachelor pad for a long time, but now that the pullets are older, they’re all great together. He’s also a little clumsy and slow, and if he misbehaves, all the pullets will run him off. I’m excited to be able to replenish my laying stock of Marans - he was one of the two roosters I actually ordered. They’ll all be hatchery stock but they all the sweetest of all my chickens and they lay beautiful eggs. View attachment 2418064View attachment 2418065
What a handsome roo...and those eggs...💞

I was going to work on my curtain project today, but I procrastinated by making an egg collecting apron instead. Also, we have a new layer! One of the barred rocks, I think, because I caught her in a nest box and we got five light brown eggs today. Good thing, too, because all the pie yesterday used a bunch!
View attachment 2428041

View attachment 2428040
I used an embroidery stitch for the first time ever!
That turned out lovely!💞 I have a pattern & material to make one for myself, but I haven't done it yet!

Back
Top Bottom