Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I seem to have more than my fair share of them have my two constants Red and Smudge. now a silkie roo .. found another of the birds I brought from my buds, he is barred rock mix
dark barring quite dark

Getting some nice color now. Working on 5 years of selective breeding. Hey Guy do you have any BCM's or did the coyotes get them all?? TOMView attachment 2499974

Hi Tom yes they got everything. It was winter/spring of 2019/2020 I had not had any problems free ranging just at night if I forgot to lock something up that happened once but never in the day time. Then all of a sudden on day they got torn up took probably 2/3 of the birds one afternoon. So I kept everything cooped up for 6 weeks had seen no sign of coyotes so I started letting the chickens out again. It was fine for a couple weeks I was checking on them regularly but one evening I went to lock them up and the rest of them were gone except one BCM’s hen and a blue icebar rooster. I just said the heck with it. Those two survivors roosted up high it the barn never in coops and they had a small hole they went outside through they ran wild around here till just this last September and they were taken one morning as I opened the back door to let my black lab out there was a coyote killing the BCM that thing was as big as my lab. So no more free ranging around here all I have now is a dozen Bresse and a dozen pita pinta.

Hi Tom yes they got everything. It was winter/spring of 2019/2020 I had not had any problems free ranging just at night if I forgot to lock something up that happened once but never in the day time. Then all of a sudden on day they got torn up took probably 2/3 of the birds one afternoon. So I kept everything cooped up for 6 weeks had seen no sign of coyotes so I started letting the chickens out again. It was fine for a couple weeks I was checking on them regularly but one evening I went to lock them up and the rest of them were gone except one BCM’s hen and a blue icebar rooster. I just said the heck with it. Those two survivors roosted up high it the barn never in coops and they had a small hole they went outside through they ran wild around here till just this last September and they were taken one morning as I opened the back door to let my black lab out there was a coyote killing the BCM that thing was as big as my lab. So no more free ranging around here all I have now is a dozen Bresse and a dozen pita pinta.
Guy sorry to hear about your loss. It not so much the cost, but the time and hard work. I lost 7 fat roosters to a skunk in one night. I have trapped up to 13 skunks in one summer. I know a lady that lives out on the rez with a donkey. I have read that they are great protectors. Good luck with your new flock TOM .

Hey could use some help here. If anyone might be able?
Have 20 birds I took on for a friend here? Would like to loose up to 10 of them .. Most are 1 to 3 years old

Never tried it Kombucha Little nervous not a big tea drinker but know others drink it cold ?
Try the “black label” (21+ don’t worry, it has less than 1%) GT’s Synergy Kombucha, my fav flavor is divine grape, gingeraide is also good, has a little less sugar. I personally feel like they have the most live active cultures, because there are often strains in the bottle. Warning: You may be inspired to make your own after trying :)

Attachments

• 0050FC92-870A-45F5-A5DB-150712ED6636.jpeg
    0050FC92-870A-45F5-A5DB-150712ED6636.jpeg
    783.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom