Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I figure it's a bit of a longshot, but is anyone interested in a Rouen drake? I ended up with three drakes out of the seven ducklings I bought in January and since they're so sweet, I figured I'd see if anyone wanted one before I just ate him. I'm in Tacoma.
I'm already "over the limit" on chicks coming...someday I'd love ducks, but it'll probably be another 10 years before I'm able to get them.

Only do chickens here sorry @saxgoddess25 but great to see you ..
Thanks Penny. :)

Speaking of chickens, this goober decided to sunbathe on my foot...

IMG_20210414_144211.jpg

Mine are not pets sorry I am older and farm raised do not name what you might eat .. My roosters get names. Only one now is Smudge he is blue marans just rooster still learning :lau

Some of my chickens have names (that's either Ruby or Scarlett, I can't tell my RIRs apart any more) but they're layers. I don't really intend to eat them. The ducks don't have names, mostly because I wasn't sure until recently what sex they were. Not that having a name or not would keep me from eating one.

The Rooster I took out Red he was buried just because he was 5. Old enough I did not want to stew him 4 days.
I talk to the birds allot but always did as a kid that has not changed.
The banty here are spoiled rotten.. They have their own coop I had 4 silkie but lost 2 this last year .. We had a member need to home a ameracauna. The kid named her Limpy, she limped but lost that pretty quick here.
Took 2 banty from a friend she had to give up her birds.. So have 5 now but large coop for them

She grew up fine but lays a small brown egg so all my banty lay brown eggs .. No big deal just thought I might get a small blue egg.. See when I was a kid just brown or white eggs .. This colored egg stuff I have a ball with

She grew up fine but lays a small brown egg so all my banty lay brown eggs .. No big deal just thought I might get a small blue egg.. See when I was a kid just brown or white eggs .. This colored egg stuff I have a ball with
Hoping for colored eggs is why we ordered 3 EE! 12 days to hatch day, I gotta get my brooder ready...Plan A didn't work out, so starting them in my old brooder box that my original 3 where in...hoping I can keep them for 2 weeks in it, but doubtful...then, they'll have to go out to a plywood " make shift" brooder in the new (maybe the old) coop....lots of moving about since our new run/coop are on semi hold until the weekend...

Back
Top Bottom