Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Not sure where Meyer is :confused: Morning, Ohio, are you joking? What breeds you want ? I even have the most adorable grey Cockerel
Yeah, I think it's in Ohio...unfortunately, can't have roos in the city. I ordered back in early February, 1 GLW, 1 Deleware, 3 EE, 5 "rare breed" assortments, and 5 "production pack day" chicks for a variety of colors and for the "fun" of figuring out what we get! The 10 assorted chicks can pretty much come from anything that they hatch out that day except fora few of the "very expensive" ones, but I'm okay with that...I'd feel horrible if they sent me one of those $36 chicks and something happened to it! We stuck to the "under $4" chicks, lol.

There is pleanty folks offering chicks on craiglist lot's of breeds seems unless you need the trip easy to stay in the state non hatchery birds prefered JMHO

We have day old chicks available in Yelm, WA! We are NPIP/AI Clean.
- 2 Sex-linked Pullets
- 1 Straight Run Austra-white
- 2 SR Easter Eggers
- 1 SR Black-Split to Lavender

They are still in the incubator but please message me and I can send pictures this evening when we take them out. Picture of other chicks we've hatched before included for attention.

Attachments

• 5E2358A2-287F-4355-8CF1-1B9D7E89E176.jpeg
    5E2358A2-287F-4355-8CF1-1B9D7E89E176.jpeg
    678.4 KB · Views: 1
F489A9B9-30AE-47CD-986A-885ECB027443.jpeg
Suddenly realized my chicks would be here next week! Well, week and a half. Today was my “run around town” day, so stopped in at the feed store by my mother in law’s house (I don’t care for the ones closer to my house). The gal was really pushing the medicated feed, but I went with non-medicated in the “medium” sized bag. If I need more (obviously I’ll need more), I know where to get it. 🤣 I really prefer the store brand stuff (for the price point), but she said they didn’t sell chick feed. 🤷🏻‍♀️ They do, I’ll go back in on a Wednesday and talk to the guy I know who used to work up here closer to me. But, for now...I at least have feed to give them. The gal got on my nerves, she was trying to get me to buy chick grit “because they need it right away”! I told her I already had some because I know they don’t need it immediately. Finally got her to stop trying to sell me everything by telling her I’ve had chickens before (which I have, not a lie, but man she was overwhelming me with the rapid fire sales pitch). In the bright side, the kids finally got to see some chicks!

Last edited:
View attachment 2625553Suddenly realized my chicks would be here next week! Well, week and a half. Today was my “run around town” day, so stopped in at the feed store by my mother in law’s house (I don’t care for the ones closer to my house). The gal was really pushing the medicated feed, but I went with non-medicated in the “medium” sized bag. If I need more (obviously I’ll need more), I know where to get it. 🤣 I really prefer the store brand stuff (for the price point), but she said they didn’t sell chick feed. 🤷🏻‍♀️ They do, I’ll go back in on a Wednesday and talk to the guy I know who used to work up here closer to me. But, for now...I at least have feed to give them. The gal got on my nerves, she was trying to get me to buy chick grit “because they need it right away”! I told her I already had some because I know they don’t need it immediately. Finally got her to stop trying to sell me everything by telling her I’ve had chickens before (which I have, not a lie, but man she was overwhelming me with the rapid fire sales pitch). In the bright side, the kids finally got to see some chicks!
They do not make any money selling chics. They make their money on feed, water containers, scratch, heat lamps and all accessories. Sell, sell, sell !!

They do not make any money selling chics. They make their money on feed, water containers, scratch, heat lamps and all accessories. Sell, sell, sell !!
They must be having a slow week, lol. I’ve shopped with this chain for a dozen years and this was the first time I’ve ever been barraged by the sales pitch. We already have chicks ordered from elsewhere...have most of the stuff we need too, was just there to get the more “perishable” items (feed and pine shavings), lol.

Hubby is at work (his office is in our family room) talking to all his network engineer coworkers about how to wire up our WiFi enabled chicken door in our coop. 😁. For the record, he claims to hate chickens...but he’s running fiber optic cables out there so he can have indoor and outdoor security cameras on them 24/7!

Morning Everyone. Do not put your hand in dark places over there :lau
Maybe then you can see the snakes first, Always been a problem for me .. First 8 years Wisconsin with cotton mouths :barnie
When we emptied the coop (formerly known as “the shed”) last weekend, my kids refused to go inside it because “there’s gonna be snakes and spiders in there, mom”!

There were some very large (for our area) spiders, but thankfully no snakes!

I do have a story about the time I found a 6’+ Gardener snake (it won’t tell me how to spell that right, I know that’s wrong) in a house though! I’ve never moved my big butt that fast or climbed onto a counter quicker. 🤣. I made it 30’ across a room and up into the kitchen island before I finished yelling “SNAKE!” over the vacuum cleaner my mom was running (she owned a housekeeping business and I worked with her). 🤣 She came out yelling at me for being on the already cleaned counter (shoes on) until she went to investigate the large stuffed animal I was pointing at. Underneath, all coiled and staying warm, was the biggest snake we’d ever seen! We were cleaning a house on a golf course, she was friends without maintenance (had worked with them for years) so called them. The guy shows up with a pillowcase and a glove...then goes back to his truck to call a coworker, get a snake hook, and a bigger container. 🤣 He thought we were being wimps and it was a tiny snake (they don’t usually get more than a couple feet long and are as big around as a finger). They took it outside and let it go....but he said it was easily longer than 6 feet!

Back
Top Bottom