Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I was like 6 went out to get eggs Grandma pulled me back fork stick she had that thing trapped .. I almost fainted
Was going out with the farm dogs Jack ran past me knocked me out of the way he threw one out of my path
Loved that dog :lau

Anyone having trouble getting Oyster Shell? Just went to North 40 no, went to Feed Store no says does not when will be available.??? TOM
I take it back. My feed stores been out for a month. :barnie
Time to go back to feeding eggshells. Too bad the hens don’t like them as much.

Amazon I paid 46.50 for a 50 lb only place I could get them
Thanks, I looked and I think my Tractor Supply *may* have a 50lb bag in stock... how long will that last 13 chickens (6 hens are laying currently, 7 are still growing)? I'm guessing a while, although they go through a 5lb bag crazy quick. (a few weeks.... for 6 hens)

Thanks, I looked and I think my Tractor Supply *may* have a 50lb bag in stock... how long will that last 13 chickens (6 hens are laying currently, 7 are still growing)? I'm guessing a while, although they go through a 5lb bag crazy quick. (a few weeks.... for 6 hens)
Way back (about 8 years ago) I bought a huge bag of oyster shell...I still have 2 1/2 Tidy Cat buckets full! I used to store all my “extra” in them after washing them out...I had no idea any still had stuff in them! That flock has been gone for about 4-5 years. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don't really like to buy from TSC... I avoid it if possible. But Amazon It's pretty pricy, and I just refiled the oyster shell container with the last little bits from the 5# bag... I need some basically now. So probably in a few minutes I'll leave to TSC. I feel a little bad buying from TSC, but I guess It'll be ok. Usually I buy from the local farm and feed, though often they don't carry the stuff I need. (The oyster shell, and they don't carry Nutri Drench)

Laws have changed on meds this last year but they are some ways to get around that .. Do not beleive that nutri drench follows but not spendy on Amazon

A feed store here in Olympia has oyster pellets of some sort. They were $.50 per lb bulk or bagged, but now it’s about $40 per 50 lb bag. I asked the last time I was there, and the guy said one of the major oyster shell companies closed because of the pandemic and then had to relicense and had a delay. That’s one possibility.

Back
Top Bottom