Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi all, I'm brand new here and will be a first time chicken owner soon. The coop will be ready in a month or less and I'll be looking for a few 8 week old (or young layers) Easter Eggers. Does anyone know where I'd be able to source some around the eastside? Bothell to Renton, Seattle to North Bend is about my ideal range.

My dad is building something like the Wichita Cabin Coop for me and we will have a 6x16' attached run with 1/2" hardware cloth.

Hi all, I'm brand new here and will be a first time chicken owner soon. The coop will be ready in a month or less and I'll be looking for a few 8 week old (or young layers) Easter Eggers. Does anyone know where I'd be able to source some around the eastside? Bothell to Renton, Seattle to North Bend is about my ideal range.

My dad is building something like the Wichita Cabin Coop for me and we will have a 6x16' attached run with 1/2" hardware cloth.
Welcome to the thread! Your set up sounds just wonderful! I’m on the west side so I can’t help you with sources over there but hopefully someone will.

Welcome to the state thread

Welcome!

Sorry I'm no help on finding any either. Wilco Farm Store still carries sexed pullet chicks but I don't think there are any that far east and then have to get lucky on what breeds.

Not many people hatch in the autumn. I prefer it for my layers, but I don't breed the easter eggers or ameraucana generally because my rooster is half silkie and his daughters turned out smaller birds that lay medium eggs.

Maybe check Baxter Barn? https://baxterbarn.org/farm-business/chicks-to-fully-mature Many feed stores don't carry older birds and don't carry birds in fall so only other option would be private breeders or mail order.

Craigslist! I've had some great experiences exchanging chickens through CL. And welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom