Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I use View attachment 2876899 but am unsure of how much?? Anyone know??? I do not offer free chose all day due to rodents and my flock being pigs and eating so much they can hardly walk their crops are so full
I free choice in 5 gallon buckets suspended in the air (hanging from a chain). The only time I had a mouse problem was when I inadvertently put a branch close enough for the mice to climb into the feeder! I moved the feed away from the branch and the issues stopped.

This article says a good estimate is roughly 1/2 cup feed per bird per day though. So, if I had to measure for my flock of 13, I'd be feeding about 6 1/2 cups each day. I don't know about the geese and ducks, but if your signature bar is current, that would be 10 cups of feed each day, plus whatever the goose and ducks need.

The hanging bucket is good that way.. We made these feeders 6 years ago. None of the other nifty ways had come out yet
003.jpg

I have one large wood feeder that holds 4, 50 lb bags. I have not taken a photo of it since it is finished .. Ah heck it is 6 years old but great ...

I use View attachment 2876899 but am unsure of how much?? Anyone know??? I do not offer free chose all day due to rodents and my flock being pigs and eating so much they can hardly walk their crops are so full
I have used purina layer, omaga layer, starter, and flock raiser I have always fed free choice, the chickens dont over eat, they have a schedule as to when they like to eat, this way the chicken lowest on the pecking order gets to eat when everyone else is done.
I have used scratch & peck layer pellets too.

I noticed last July of feed shortages and oyster calcium- I am currently getting feed from Chewy due to the inconsistent supply at our local stores.

Captureqw.JPG I am getting this, its $34 for 50lbs, I have 15 hens.

I wish! My auto-door got unplugged before the door opened this morning, so I had 13 unhappy to still be inside this morning when I was up and showered (I can see the coop from my bathroom window). Rushed out to fix it (they unplugged it), and hurried my 6 year old back in the house to get ready for a doctor appointment this morning. Off and running this morning though!

Day 3 of learning to ferment some of the gals feed...the gal that does the Chickenlandia youtube videos makes it look so simple, but I don't know if her "off camera" helper is an overhelpful 6 year old. Lol. Are you supposed to let it sit for 3 days (stirring daily) and then feed on the 4th day, or feed on day 3? Either way, it smells good, so that's a plus...it'll be a fun change from just "feed with warm water dumped on" that they get daily so that my little Shadow can eat.

Back
Top Bottom