Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi Western Washington friends! When do your hens start to pick up laying again in the spring (with no supplemental light)? I’ve noticed my BOs’ combs are starting to get redder.
Hello and welcome to the thread! I have 2 hens laying right now and I don't give them supplemental light. Last year I did notice that most of them start around April.

Hello and welcome to the thread! I have 2 hens laying right now and I don't give them supplemental light. Last year I did notice that most of them start around April.
Same, all of my younger bantams just started laying, no supplemental light here.
Welcome! I bet yours will start laying soon. :D

Mine I have such ages difference they have layed all winter and ramping to more now.
But welcome to the state thread.
I lost 3 birds today to a lazy dog owner killed 3 of my birds may loose a 4th was damn hard on my Rooster who is alive but in rough shape and looses me at least 4 eggs a day.

Mine I have such ages difference they have layed all winter and ramping to more now.
But welcome to the state thread.
I lost 3 birds today to a lazy dog owner killed 3 of my birds may loose a 4th was damn hard on my Rooster who is alive but in rough shape and looses me at least 4 eggs a day.
Aww that sucks!

Hi Western Washington friends! When do your hens start to pick up laying again in the spring (with no supplemental light)? I’ve noticed my BOs’ combs are starting to get redder.

I keep ameraucana and easter eggers for my layers. They don't stop laying. I was getting 3 eggs a day out of a possible 8 in the darkest month. I do not light them.

I dont count the 3 hens that are 8, 9, and 11 years olds. They will quite a bit starting in about a month and lay a egg or two a week for most of the rest of the year.

The late August born pullets have started to lay occasionally.

Silkies actually lay pretty good year round IF they aren't broody. There are always broody silkies here. Certain hens do it 5 times a year. I have enough to always have quite a few silkie eggs.

Back
Top Bottom