Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Also posting for fun, here's the before of the Eglu Cube:

before.jpg

And here's the after of the new plastic shed conversion:

after.jpg

after1.jpg

Definitely loving how much more space the chickens have at night (timely, given the extra heat) although it's taking them some time and lots of screaming to get used to the new nesting boxes!

I have that shed. It's what I used for a "root cellar" because we have limited house room. I covered the inside with that thin, reflective, closed cell insulation for my purpose. It's holding up really well.

I just ordered a fan to put at the bottom vent to suck air in at night in summer. I made velcro insulation covers for winter. I did have to put window screen in the vents to keep wasps out. A 100 watt bulb in an old chicken brooder reflector kept it from freezing last winter.

@Hinotori Haha, small world! The shed had a lot of really great pictures on Amazon of people converting it to a chicken coop so I felt pretty confident about using it for that. It's been great so far, definitely glad I went with a plastic shed over a metal shed for the heat. I'll probably cover the bottom vent as well in the winter.

@pennyJo1960 if you're willing to make the drive up to Kent, WA and can strap it down to a trailer or truck bed it could be yours! :)

Oh but just do not need it sorry .. We have the tractor I got the darn thing free .. A electrician made it for his wifes birds.. He bent conduit. We put two sheets of metal on the roof .. New front door and hardware cloth up floor to 4 ft.
I just keep our own cats out.

Yeah, I tried to cut it out but I didn't go deep enough. Today I was able to get help from a coworker, and they were able to cut deep enough and clean out the wound.
I have biopsy punches I bought on amazon. I am so gald that you decided to do it yourself .. Pack it with triple antibiotic no pain killer neo sporin no pain killer can get it at dollar store,

Back
Top Bottom