Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

We have maybe an inch of snow so far. I put in extra time outside yesterday morning in the yard (blew and collected all the remaining leaves from under 3 trees and stuffed it all into the chicken run (about 4" of leaves in there now)) and made 2 trips to the grocery store to make sure we had a little extra food in case for any reason, we can't get out.

Luckily our lot is flat and our main thoroughfare is flat too, as we have no snow tires or chains, and frankly my car can't even make it up a rain slicked hill anyhow (my horsepower is measured in hamsters, and it's low to the ground too). :p

We carry chains this time of year.

As for snow tires, it's the morons with studs on in July that tick me off. Studs damage clear roads. Only usually see those idiots here on the west side in the cities.
Studs in July? Ticket able offense, if they get caught. DH is retired law enforcement. Idiots!

Well, it is now rain storming, a little thunder earlier. Got maybe an inch of snow before it changed to rain about 5 pm. Did not check eggs today, they are fine being naturally refrigerated until tomorrow. Very soggy in the run. Next snow? Only God knows for sure. Forecasts changed several times today. Have to get the leaves raked and into the run soon, next dry day, maybe, and get the run covered. Big task completed. Christmas cards ready to go out. Yay!

Back
Top Bottom