Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

How is everyone today? Power was out from 1:20 am until 4:00 pm. Got about 4" of snow..Slick roads last night and this morning, until the plows ran the main roads, slushy..It was nice to see the sun come out. Heard there may be more snow tomorrow night. Have no internet. Since the power went out. Saw a couple trees down across wires, so, not sure when it'll get restored. The chix think snow is lava. 🔥🔥🔥

How is everyone today? Power was out from 1:20 am until 4:00 pm. Got about 4" of snow..Slick roads last night and this morning, until the plows ran the main roads, slushy..It was nice to see the sun come out. Heard there may be more snow tomorrow night. Have no internet. Since the power went out. Saw a couple trees down across wires, so, not sure when it'll get restored. The chix think snow is lava. 🔥🔥🔥
What part of the county are you in popo? My son came over today and said it was weird driving over from Poulsbo. Some areas have snow others very little. We only have a little on the grass.

Been staying in the 30's here, but now that you mention it, we did get an unexpected heat wave yesterday, up to 47!!! Going to have rain and snow today, so we are back into the 30's. What will January be like if December is like this???

Where do you get the Payback AP? The closest Cenex is 20+ miles away, and the BiMart in town only carries the layer feed.
It was 19 something for 50#. The other thing is they go through tons of it so it’s usually much fresher than the Purina.
@pennyJo1960

My son gets feed delivered from Viking Feed in Poulsbo, they have kaniksu feed from eastern Wa.
https://vikingfeed.com/collections/poultry/products/non-gmo-mega-layerpelleted

I have been ordering from Chewy Kalmbach Feed[ just like the one from Kaniksu-] All Natural Non-GMO 17% protein layer pellets 50lb 's $34.83 autoship / $36.66 not autoship -- Its from Iowa and not China like Purina
I love Scratch ad Peck but it is so expensive-- I source the feed I buy and gave up in Purina years ago when I traced where they get their ingredients .

Same here, if I remember right it went out Sunday at 5:05pm and came back on on Wednesday.
Off again Saturday 2:30am- finally at 3pm I sent in a "my powers out" message to PSE, our son, 4min away had power?? but it did come back on 4ish--it was just about dark out when it came on.
This was me all day yesterday, I did get some turkey bone broth going.
image_16811777.JPG

I left the flock in the coop Wednesday and all day Thursday.
image_16872193 (1).JPG
I went out on Wednesday and pulled with a hoe all the snow of the wire on the top of the run. Just about killed me, I have about of bronchitis, joy,, but I did it, I got it off. I had to open up a few of the seams and pull it through that way. So due to the top being open I didnt let the flock out.
Thursday we put hard wire cloth up so the flock can come out of the coop but only into the overhand/ roof covered area off the coop. Worked out great!
And we all know it snowed more Friday night, BUT, the KOMO weather guy said it may rain hahahahaha if it doesn't rain by Tues. I 'll go out and remove Fridays snow. over all we got 18inches,, I really think thats enough for the season it can stop now. 😒

image_67238913.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom