Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Sitting out enjoying happy hour with the ladies! Just added a new chicken yard cam:
I just did the same thing a little while ago, about an hour or so. They've been wandering farther away from their "home", and I feel they're pretty safe. But I have to guard my garden and shoo them out of it when they try to jump up into the beds. A fence areound the garden is in the works. I sawed up the big pallets I picked up a few days ago, and now have a bunch of boards for my fence.

I have 7 Black Copper Marans cockerel chicks to give away. I'm in Goldendale, WA. They are 8 weeks old and living outside. I also have a beautiful Lemon Cuckoo Orpington roo that needs a home. I was going to breed lemon cuckoos but it gets too hot for the orpingtons here so I'm slowly reducing them and going with more heat tolerant birds. I have 2 birchen banty English orps roos to give away, as well as 4 hens. The hens are all under 2 years old. All my orpington hens go broody. Let me know if you want any.

That was nice of you to relocate that possum, but in case you don't know it's against WA game laws to relocate any problem animals like possums or coons, etc. I guess the state doesn't want animals move and be a problem elsewhere.

And I'm totally ok with you relocating it, but I just thought I'd bring it up in case you weren't aware.
Totally unaware of that regulation. They should mind their own business. There is no one for it to bother where we dropped it off. We are out in the boondocks as it is.

I have 7 Black Copper Marans cockerel chicks to give away. I'm in Goldendale, WA. They are 8 weeks old and living outside. I also have a beautiful Lemon Cuckoo Orpington roo that needs a home. I was going to breed lemon cuckoos but it gets too hot for the orpingtons here so I'm slowly reducing them and going with more heat tolerant birds. I have 2 birchen banty English orps roos to give away, as well as 4 hens. The hens are all under 2 years old. All my orpington hens go broody. Let me know if you want any.
@Dharmachick

Hi Dharmachick. I think one of the Black Copper Marans would be a good match for my eight barred rock pullets. I've been wanting to get a little rooster. Mine are around 9 weeks old now ( I bought the chicks March 24, but not sure exactly when they were hatched).

How do we go about arranging the pickup? I'm about 180 miles away, but I haven't taken a road trip in quite a while so it would be a nice day trip for me.

Thanks!

Put mama and the 9 week old chicks into one of the pens last night. Left Molly, Gabriel, and Ashes in the broody coop.

I know my silkies reactions, so just dropped in with the rest of that pen with no introduction or real issue last night. Couple pecking order establishing pecks but all went to bed and it's fine this morning. Some of the more skittish chicks keep going back inside to snuggle with the broodies. Chill morning so also got to warm up that way.

I made lemon filling put it in a baked crust. Next to the birds do the tables. 20230529_140531.jpg

Back
Top Bottom