Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I wonder if we can figure out how to transfer them to the computer.

I have to email myself anything I take with my iPhone. I try and only use my DSLR, but don't carry that with me EVERY time I go outside. You'd think I should, being a part time photographer.

We both just left the dinosaur age of cell phones this week and got "real" cell phones. I got an iPhone 4S, and he got a Samsung Galaxy S3 (thankfully, DD is standing next to me and knew what his phone was). Both of us are trying to figure them out. I've figured some things out on mine, he's figured some things out on his. We're both trying to figure out the photos. His phone camera can zoom - I'm still trying to figure out if my camera can zoom. We're not sure how to transfer anything.

Quote:
I have to email myself anything I take with my iPhone. I try and only use my DSLR, but don't carry that with me EVERY time I go outside. You'd think I should, being a part time photographer.

We both just left the dinosaur age of cell phones this week and got "real" cell phones. I got an iPhone 4S, and he got a Samsung Galaxy S3 (thankfully, DD is standing next to me and knew what his phone was). Both of us are trying to figure them out. I've figured some things out on mine, he's figured some things out on his. We're both trying to figure out the photos. His phone camera can zoom - I'm still trying to figure out if my camera can zoom. We're not sure how to transfer anything.

I have an iPhone 4S. The camera lens can't physically zoom, but you can digitally mimic it by putting two fingers on the screen and spreading them apart while taking the pic, just like you would zoom in on a web page. But unless you are in daylight the quality isn't great. I don't often upload my pics with the USB cable, mostly because my laptop is a Macbook and I loathe iPhoto. I post a lot of pics on Facebook with my phone using the FB app, and then I download them on the laptop from FB. I also email them to myself on the laptop.

Jennifer

Quote:

The iPhone can zoom but you get a LOT of noise. You can pinch out on the screen or touch near bottom to bring up the hidden zoom bar.

Get-together Postponed

Due to the unavailability of so many of you on a weekday, and the fact that I seem to be coming down with "something", I am regretfully postponing our get together for Thursday (tomorrow).

As soon as I can find a weekend day that works for more than two people, I shall post an updated invitation here.

Now back to that nice, warm bed.
hurry up and get well so ya don't be sharing any germs at the show next weekend

Quote: OK so I missed the first part of this. My trailer would only be big enough to like set up food no seating no power.

Tonight I contacted Mark Dooms about doing like we did last year "a group of friends sharing their lunch and NO MONEY will be exchanged" but NOT in my booth. His reply "Go for it. No problem" So there is the answer to "CAN WE" !!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtlePowerTrav

I don't know if the iPhone has this app, but I also have a Galaxy S3 and it comes preloaded with an app called Dropbox. If you sign up for a Dropbox account on your computer and turn it on on your husbands phone, there's a setting that will automatically transfer any picture taken on your phone to your computer. You can also link it to other computers, I use it all the time with school files so I can access my assignments anywhere I have internet, it's pretty much like signing into an email account. It has options to upload anytime a picture is taken, as wanted, or to only do it when you have a wi-fi connection so you're not blowing through battery/data...I use the wi-fi option so they automatically go through whenever I'm near my home network. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtlePowerTrav

I don't know if the iPhone has this app, but I also have a Galaxy S3 and it comes preloaded with an app called Dropbox. If you sign up for a Dropbox account on your computer and turn it on on your husbands phone, there's a setting that will automatically transfer any picture taken on your phone to your computer. You can also link it to other computers, I use it all the time with school files so I can access my assignments anywhere I have internet. It has options to do it anytime a picture is taken, as wanted, or to only do it when you have a wi-fi connection so you're not blowing through battery/data...I use the wi-fi option. Hope that helps!

That sounds like Apple's iCloud. iPhones can do it, I choose not too. I don't like the idea of my pictures being stored on a server that others have access to(it's the photographer in me and a copyrights thing).

Back
Top Bottom