Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've taken a dozen eggs to a co-worker, who in turn brought in baked goods she used the eggs for.

My DH is taking 2 dozen to a co-worker tomorrow.

I don't have a license, but I'm kinda a "don't worry about it until they fine you" breed. LOL.

Quote:
That's a nice coop. We put up a temp run on Saturday. Joe cutting his finger and the rain has slowed us on the coop. We should be building another wall and the floor frame today. So that all that's left will be the siding, floor, door, and roof. What size is your coop? We're doing an 8x8 with a loft added for more floor space. Our run is going to start out being 8x16 and we'll be adding 8x8 sections throughout the summer as we can afford it and find time.

Selling eggs from your own residence is okay but once the eggs leave your residence then your in big trouble
big_smile.png

Honestly who's going to turn you in?
My husband sells 5-10 dozen eggs at work every week and guess who he works for.....Washington State Department of Agriculture
gig.gif

That is the thing about the breed of Marans, They are so sweet that if you have enough patince you can hand feed them. Take them for a walk or even pet them.
My Birds have such a big area, that they would never come over to me unless I had rolled oats W/ mollases (candy). I could still not touch them. They would be right there though.
Very, very timid.
The Barnevelders are the same way!!!
I do not like aggresive birds, I have a 5 and a half year old girl and she loves to play with them. As she goes for them they run away. My daughter has been around chickens her whole life. She just doesn't have the patince.
I would be very surprise if you could get within' 4 feet of them on any givin' moment. Yours or mine. With alittle work you could have some pretty tame birds!!! NO JOKE.
I hope this helps,
Mike
cool.png

Quote:
Mike,
Was this for the Marans or a different breed?
I PM'ed you asking about the Marans personality? You wrote back asking where I lived but didn't answer about personality. DH got sick and I didn't get back to you. Sorry about that.
We really wanted to know about personality though. We haven't been able to
find much about that. Lots of info on the beautiful brown eggs they lay
but not much about their personality. One person told me they are their
least friendly. Do you find them to be friendly especially with kids?

I sell alot of eggs on CL
I have a list of people who are waiting for game bird eggs.
There was a school teacher that has recieved atleast 3 seperate hatching eggs orders from me.
My favorite is the way that people sell CHICKS. No regestry, no tax just good old fashion yard sale.
The thing is that for some birds your not suppose to sell (Wild turkey, Ringneck pheasant, Chucker, Bobwhite quail) and for some in WA. it is still okay (chickens).
There is a bill in the works that the law is supose to be trying to get there fingers in the mix though.
Have a nice day
smile.png

Quote:

The going rate at my farm is $2.50 per chick on the Ringneck Pheasants. Hense no shipping cost.
If anyone can beat this price, please contact me.
I will take ALOT!
You can have as little as 5 but no more than 30, please.
I am booked out right now for another week or two but after that I should be able to do a few people, depending on the orders and they way they lay.
Orders are by phone only! No exceptions.
Have a nice evening,
Mike
cool.png

OH, the # is
AFTER 5:00 PM

I'm only going to take a few so first come first to get on the list.
Mike
cool.png

My orders as it stands right now is 2 orders for 20 and one for 15.

**Edited to remove phone number**

Last edited by a moderator:
dropping in to remind everyone I'd been talking with about transportation that we are still heading from the Canadian border in WA all the way down to the Mexican border in CA the first week of June. We would LOVE to haul chickens, eggs, chicks for anyone along I-5 in exchange for chickens or chicks. This is a good way for you to ensure you eggs don't get broken, your chicks don't get killed etc and you don't have to pay, just trade us much WANTED chick(en)s we are interested in any breed(s) really but would really like show quality and our main passion is dark egg layers, but really we'd be thrilled to have ANY chickens at this point.

They will be free range but will have a coop for night time roosting and laying. They will be free to roam on 30 acres protected by 2 great prys who have protected chickens in the past. They will be well cared for and loved! We are willing to pay also, but are looking or the most affordable deal possible as husband is unemployed. This does not, however, hinder the excellent care our animals reccieve; we have references from other goat people stating how well we care for our stock, if you'd like!

PM me here or email me at [email protected] thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom