Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I just got Rouens from Dells in Port Orchard. They also had Pekins.

Thanks Selena
smile.png

Laura78: Yep! I found out with my RIR roo (who had it his first day after hatching) that it's easier since it keeps it from sticking, and the spray makes it even easier. Just point and shoot!

Hippie Chickie: Yes, they sure do! RIR, sexlinks, BRs, Orps, and a few others, I think. They also have the ducklings.

Bikerchick: Welcome! I know, it's a distance, but just in case, y'know?

The little chickie didn't make it. I'll admit, it was a bit of a chance anyway as we all know, but she was worse than I had thought. At least she had a better end than if she died in the store. It was quieter and I held her yesterday evening trying to get her to eat. She had started pooping again, but I think it was just too late and she was too weak.

No pics of them yet, my DH is out playing airsoft and he has the camera. When he gets home though I'm going to take pics of the bunnies as well as my chicks they are growing so fast, almost a moth old now!

I have three left that I saved just for you.
If you want to pick them up pretty soon call, the sooner the better!
I pmed you my phone #.
Thank you,
Mike
cool.png

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks.
So selling at home looks easy.
Am I reading it right that selling at a farmers market requires a separate license for each farmers market attended? And we're confused because it talks about 3000 birds :?
Does anyone here sell at farmers markets?
On another thread people were taking eggs to work and delivering but I think they were all in different states. Would that require a Egg Handler license then because the buyer isn't picking them up at "the place of production"?

Last edited:
Quote:
Mike,
Was this for the Marans or a different breed?
I PM'ed you asking about the Marans personality? You wrote back asking where I lived but didn't answer about personality. DH got sick and I didn't get back to you. Sorry about that.
We really wanted to know about personality though. We haven't been able to
find much about that. Lots of info on the beautiful brown eggs they lay
but not much about their personality. One person told me they are their
least friendly. Do you find them to be friendly especially with kids?

Quote:
Thanks.
So selling at home looks easy.
Am I reading it right that selling at a farmers market requires a separate license for each farmers market attended? And we're confused because it talks about 3000 birds :?
Does anyone here sell at farmers markets?
On another thread people were taking eggs to work and delivering but I think they were all in different states. Would that require a Egg Handler license then because the buyer isn't picking them up at "the place of production"?

I'm confused about the 3000 bird flock too. I'm planning to talk to the DOL this week and find out for sure. If I need a license I'll probably just sell to people around here if the license is costly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom