Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up on posts
th.gif
. Could we slow down a lil?? Howza a girl s'posed to keep up if she's at work! Lol!

Hope everyone is getting a little spring sun - I am looking at it from INSIDE today
sad.png

I have to say the chicken in the shower picture made my morning -- it's been 'one of those day's at work and I needed the laugh!

Redreiner glad you kept the eggs! You might be surprised. And I like the rat trap idea;)

Quote:
Oh no! Id still try to hatch them you just never know.. Im so sorry..
hugs.gif

Thank You, they are still going. not going to give it up just yet. it never got below 73 and the humidity so high it might have kept some warm enough...if it didnt drown them! I will keep you posted.

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I have my husband hook the truck up to a box and they fall alseep. My girl friend puts them in a bag and sprays something in it.. Cant rmember what it is. sorry..

Thanks for more options! Don't know if I can get past the crunch that the shears will make.
sickbyc.gif
I don't even like it when I have to crunch a bug.

I was reading a thread the other day where someone put their chick in a gallon ice cream container, with a margarine sized dish of baking soda, then poured vinegar over the baking soda and closed the lid. It creates a gas, someone help me here - and it puts the chick to sleep. I don't know if I can find that thread now. Perhaps someone else knows what I'm talking about and can explain it more clearly.
I thought maybe I'd saved it for future reference but can't seem to find it now...
Sorry Broody - I'm hurting right along with you.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for more options! Don't know if I can get past the crunch that the shears will make.
sickbyc.gif
I don't even like it when I have to crunch a bug.

I was reading a thread the other day where someone put their chick in a gallon ice cream container, with a margarine sized dish of baking soda, then poured vinegar over the baking soda and closed the lid. It creates a gas, someone help me here - and it puts the chick to sleep. I don't know if I can find that thread now. Perhaps someone else knows what I'm talking about and can explain it more clearly.
I thought maybe I'd saved it for future reference but can't seem to find it now...
Sorry Broody - I'm hurting right along with you.

Thanks. To all who helped out with ideas, the deed is done. It was almost like the chick only had muscles on the top side of it's neck and not on the underside. It's was was looking up so far that it's head was lying on its back. Poor thing. I also thought I was doing a good thing by having a paper towel in the hatcher to give the chicks good footing but one ended up spraddled. So after I bandaided it's legs, I cut some of that foamy mesh drawer liner stuff to fit in the bottom of the hatcher. Seems like I'm getting a whirlwind course in things that can go wrong!
Thanks everybody for the support!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
They can still hatch. keep them in and give em a chance you may be surprised.

RW:
Who is Scott?
Is he the guy from Patriot farms or is that someone else??
I don't think I should call Patriot farms if he is not Scott.

Quote:
I bring bug spray ( permectin) the nice organic chrysanthemum kind, and spray the bed, sheets & mattress, then open windows & leave.
When I return hours later, the room should be bug free.
I have heard/seen horror stories about bed bugs & saber-toothed crotch crickets (body crabs) ewwwwwwwww!!!
So now I have the crawlies!!!EWWWWWWWW!!!
Even the best motels can get infestations...OK enough about bugs.....

Very good idea.

Quote:
A puppy?

lau.gif

I crack me up.
gig.gif
Sorry. I am a bit warped, I know. I would have no clue other then it is a cute fuzzy little chick. I am still just trying to remember all the breeds/birds I saw at the monroe show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom