Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
No one? Somebody must have a need
tongue.png

I want it, I need it, gotta have it! But everyone was kidding me about needing a large truck to get all my stuff back home after the party, so I hated to speak up. But since nobody has. Can I have it? Now what pray tell do you want in exchange?

Oh, is it metal or pvc. What diameter holes/grids?

Quote:
No one? Somebody must have a need
tongue.png

I want it, I need it, gotta have it! But everyone was kidding me about needing a large truck to get all my stuff back home after the party, so I hated to speak up. But since nobody has. Can I have it? Now what pray tell do you want in exchange?

Weavegarden:

max diameter of the hole is 1.25"

I am looking for a new hen that is laying, but realize that is a too tall an order. So now I don't know what I want for it. I have everything else I need... other than building another nest box, which I hope to start this weekend.
big_smile.png

Regardless, I will hold it for you.

Last edited:
Quote:

Weavegarden:

max diameter of the hole is 1.25"

I am looking for a new hen that is laying, but realize that is a too tall an order. So now I don't know what I want for it. I have everything else I need... other than building another nest box, which I hope to start this weekend.
big_smile.png

Regardless, I will hold it for you.

OK. So here is the situation. I have one White Rock (will lay brown eggs) who is 15 weeks old. She came with a group of cockerels that I raised as meat chickens. I ordered her for a friend, but decided that the friend already had more chickens than she was able to care for. So here she is. All of the pullets I have raised this year (34) have begun laying at 19-24 weeks. I would expect nothing less of her. She would need a little hand holding until she socializes and becomes accustom to living outdoors. Because she is the only one, I kept a EE cockerel that I needed to give some special attention to as a buddy for her as she has lived with me here in my house. In the last week I have moved her to almost outside with the chicks that I got from Mike a while back. They all get along very well, but she is the only white one, and the biggest of the bunch.
If you are interested in her, I would trade her for the poultry fencing on party day. Assuming that you plan to attend. And further assuming that Donna will accommodate a pullet during my time with her until the party. Also further still, assuming that Donna doesn't drive a sub mini car. If that is the case, I will need to rent a truck and driver to get all of my "deals" home.

Last edited:
weavegarden - Sounds like you have quite the haul you will have to make! The boss (my wife) has me on other duties, so I will not be making the party. Are you going through Tacoma on your way to the party?

Quote:
Thanks Donna. I really appreciate that. I would love to meet Brennant if I am up to it.

So the Rock sounds OK to you? I am assuming metal hex on the chicken wire, unless you tell me different Brennant.

I have had my new girls ONE week today. They Both gave me an egg today
tongue2.gif

I have finally come up with names for them
thumbsup.gif
In honor and memory of my "Chicken Little" whos life was cut way too short by a coyote. I am naming one "Chicken Little II" I will call her CL-2 for short
love.gif

The second name some of you might recognize. I am naming her after two friends It is " Kimboweave" if you say it fast it is really pretty Kim-Bo-Weave
love.gif
It is a Native American word that means "Over The Hill " and since one of my friends will be turning 40 in April and the other friend is........ well lets say she has been around LONGER than most of us
woot.gif
I thought it was very fitting
clap.gif

It is a Historical Fact that the First Native Americans in Washington, settled in the area that is now called "Hoquiam" They were fisherman (and women) Because of OVER FISHING , they say the Grand childern of the first natives have now turned to Chicken Farming
idunno.gif

Also both of my friends have admitted right here on the Washington page that they have had problems with their BO
hide.gif

Quote:
will you be selling any hatching eggs or just directing people to the feed store?

I will be selling hatching eggs, The feed store will come in second.
I had a bunch of stickes made up to put on shipping boxes.

FRAGILE & HATCHING EGGS

I hope they work.
Mike

Quote:
Made another one, Good for you!
Happy Birthday.
Mike

CR I hope you don't have to spend to much time out tonight on your aviary.
It will be there for you tomorrow.
I would like to see some pics of it when you can.
Mike

Quote:
will you be selling any hatching eggs or just directing people to the feed store?

I will be selling hatching eggs, The feed store will come in second.
I had a bunch of stickes made up to put on shipping boxes.

FRAGILE & HATCHING EGGS

I hope they work.
Mike

OK good, thanks
smile.png
I'll have to let you know when I plan to hatch some eggs then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom