Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
People always use netting and I went right through there today.
I could of traded.

How was the Russell today, Rob?
What did you end up with?

I was thinking about the fan and all I came up with is watch the water level?
After a couple of weeks when you think you have it dialed in, it will spike during hatch.
Nice to meet ya'
Your wife is very pretty and kind. Nice to be able to chat about...........well you were there!
I am even more anxious about the BBQ now that I know more of you.

Sorry if I was alittle late.

Did it all work out?

Mike

Some things are just ment to be and I think that this was one of those times.

Quote:
Sorry Mike, I was outside cleaning up some stuff around the coop late in the day and realized that someone else could use it.
hmm.png

Last edited:
I think my Marans may have gone Broody on me. Has anyone had experience with this? Can I kick her off of the nest tomorrow? Should I just let her set? Egg is not fertile. Maybe try to stick a day old chick under her in a few weeks, if they have them at the feed store? Get a hatching egg or two from Mike? I am not exactly sure what the best option is. Any ideas?

You can turn a broody hen into a nightmare.
At best you must let her hatch one chick just to let her know she's done.
If you keep pulling the eggs and "kicking" her off the nest it can go as long as three months before you see another egg from her.
Maybe longer depending on the hen.
Use it to your advantige! I would try to get some eggs (wherever) of a breed that I would like to incorparate and let her hatch them. Pull them after day three as most broody hens cannot take care of there first brood.
Your in luck!
Mike

I had Rory up to the house today ( from MONROE FARM SUPPLY) he told me that he will have 150 different breeds this year!!!

HE LOVED MY SET UP!
Also, now that I am done with my hatch he is going to be hatching my Barnies and BCM'S for the store.
Sorry, I am shutting down and looking forward to gamebird season.
Mike

Quote:
I would be able to kick you down a couple just to let her know that she has done the best she can do.
After 30 days and hatching a chick she'll prob. turn back to laying. No Guarantee

Quote:
I'll buy another bag for him in a week and a half or so.

I think just us 3 are still buying. I bought a 50 # of Layena and a 25# of scratch the monday before last.

Russ

I am going to give her til tomorrow to see if she is still on the nest. If she is, I'll decide what to do from there. Little brat just started laying so I am hoping this isn't her being broody. Thanks for the offer, I will keep you posted.
smile.png

Visit from animal control today, as I had anticipated. I am going to probably be in for a fight that I haven't got the stress management ability to fight these days. Not fair that the reason I need the chickens will give them the ability to force me to give them up.

Tired and sad. Will elaborate tomorrow. I am going to veg out on games until I can sleep tonight. G'nite.

Kim
I can give you a half dozen eggs from three or four of my girls. My roo is very very active. poor girls. I will leave the eggs untouched in the nest boxes tomorrow and if ya don't show up I will do the same on Friday. Some should be fertile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom