Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Hey now, I think you admitted that you were even older than I am!

Very few people know those obscure historical facts about our area. But you forgot to mention the "rest of the story". The overfishing was in large part due to a new law by the elders of the tribe that required that no member own more than 8 laying hens per dwelling, and roosters had to be culled upon the first crow. The chicken population dwindled and the natives turned to their only other source of protein, fish.

Luckily one lone wise woman had hidden a mute rooster away in her root storage den and had continued the line of chickens. These were later mistakenly identified as ducks due to their strange appearance from inbreeding for many generations. This creature is now known as the the geoduck.

Yep, you heard it here first.

Quote:
The white rock sounds great. The wire is metal yes.

Thanks weavegarden! We can work out details when you are ready.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

You know Ron. It occurs to me that I forgot to say thank you. It really is an honor for you to name one of your girls after Kim and I. I know how personal we all take naming our chickens. So let me tell you that it touches me a lot. A little unexpected boost that I really needed right now.

Also, I know that we have talked about how in our families, if someone isn't razzing you, they must be mad at you.

Anyway, thanks friend for your support!

I hope miss Kimboweave isn't over the hill anytime soon, and gives you plenty of lovely white eggs.

Really wish there were more people that weren't from the Seattle area. . . There is so much going on over there, and I really don't feel like going that far just for some good deal on something.

Anyway, I'm really getting addicted to this now - I'm on day 4 of incubating 18 eggs, (EE/SLW crosses with a brahma cross and some pure NHR in there) and already ordering myself dozens of hatching eggs of blue Ameraucanas, BC Marans, and blue splash Jersey Giants!
wee.gif
I will soon be up to my ears with little chickies, then pullets, then hens and roos!
D.gif

One thing I'm really thankful for is our weather. All over the US, it is freezing and horrible. . . And it has been wonderous here for weeks! 45-50 degree weather, not too much rain. (Infact it has not rained for a couple days) Perfect for all my projects.
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks so much Ron!!!! I really appreciate the sentiment!
smile.png
Keep reminding me that I am going to be 40 and you might end up with e few less chickens in your henhouse!

Ok, so I kicked my broody Marans off the nest when I got home today, and put her up with the others on the roost. I blocked off the nesting boxes so she can't jump down and climb back in. Hopefully I can get her outside tomorrow and away from the nest. I think I am just going to keep kicking her off and taking her eggs, and wait this out. I hope she doesn't stop laying for too long, but Oh well, it is what it is. Thanks for the offer of hatching eggs, but we are going on vacation and the timing would be horrible. Have a good evening all!

HURRY...............

6 pounds Bird Seed (Auburn)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-01-28, 5:31PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the sidewalk in front of 1225 21ST STREET SE - will remove ad when gone! What is left from a 20 lb bag blend of sunflower seeds, safflower, millet, milo and oil sunflower ( I would guess 6 lbs left in the bag)

KMHunter
When my silkies get that in there head I toss them out of the nest and if that didnt work Id change what was in it, like if it was straw Id put shavings for a couple of days. That seemed to do the trick every time.
Good luck
Husband just brought dinner home, he is a sweet one. Im keeping him.
tongue2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom