Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Yes because they only allow so many freebies before they start adding up yer score. And HIGH SCORE DOES NOT WIN !!!
hide.gif

LOL, my last spanking I scored a whopping 35! The most you can get. Guess I'm not a winner.

CL let me know that it was for the thread I started after the sights at the gem show - I never got spanked for it; I think the spanker did not go back far enough because my post is still there.

Quote:
My DD has a Barnevelder Rooster she would like to add to the pot. He's fine with me, but every time she opens the egg door to the barnie coop, he runs over from wherever he is in the yard, jumps into the nest box then bites her hand hard and won't let go. As long as she stays away from the eggs, he is fine.

Hi everyone!!! Today is hatch day for two of our broody hens! We have one wheaton looking Serama hatched and one Crele OEGB! One was on 5 OEGB eggs, and one had 3 Serama, 1 bantam cochin and one BLRW.

Running out to take the girls shopping. Hope we have a few more when we get back!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Have fun at fair! Ours starts next week. We have Barn Set Up tonight in our new barn (shared with the rabbits, cavy's and DOGS!!!!!
roll.png
) Should be interesting!!!

Quote:
I used to think the show was tolerable, but in the early 90's when I worked for the Fish and Wildlife Service, everyone there watched it. One day we had to all hop in a van and drive up to Dunsmuir when there was a train derailment/chemical spill. For the entire drive up there, all anyone would talk about was Star Trek, there was no way to shut it out, all I could do was sit there and grunt. Hated it ever since.

good grief !!!! I remember that chemical spill !!!
th.gif

we were going to overnight in Dunsmuir that night, but for some reason had a "funny feeling" and chose to drive further

(it hadn't happened yet, then ....
idunno.gif
)

good thing, as my copilot of the time, had severe asthma, which would have been a very BAD thing had we been in town
sickbyc.gif

wound up staying in the car at the airport at Weed, instead (no motel rooms available, all full)

Quote:
How exciting
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Keep us posted
thumbsup.gif
. My little chicks are 1 1/2 weeks old now. Momma is bringing them outside now
D.gif
didn't take the rest of the flock long to learn to stay away from babies

Quote:
I used to think the show was tolerable, but in the early 90's when I worked for the Fish and Wildlife Service, everyone there watched it. One day we had to all hop in a van and drive up to Dunsmuir when there was a train derailment/chemical spill. For the entire drive up there, all anyone would talk about was Star Trek, there was no way to shut it out, all I could do was sit there and grunt. Hated it ever since.

good grief !!!! I remember that chemical spill !!!
th.gif

we were going to overnight in Dunsmuir that night, but for some reason had a "funny feeling" and chose to drive further

(it hadn't happened yet, then ....
idunno.gif
)

good thing, as my copilot of the time, had severe asthma, which would have been a very BAD thing had we been in town
sickbyc.gif

wound up staying in the car at the airport at Weed, instead (no motel rooms available, all full)

Yeah - not good at all. In the news, all the concern was over the odor of the hydrogen sulfide gas it produced; but that was not the real danger. It produced 3 nasty chemicals when it reacted with water, the worst one being the same gas that killed all those poor folks in Bohpal, India a few years later (remember the Union Carbide disaster?)

I guess we did talk about something else - at the time we were called to leave our labs, there was no MSDS available. They had to fax it to the libaray in Redding where we picked it up on the way up. The mood in the van really changed when we saw the list of breakdown products, and realized this was far more serious than we had expected. They also changed our plans from monitoring fish kills downstream to running controls near Whiskey Town. It was far too toxic to go in the river, the divers working there had to throw out their wet suits after each dive.

I just painted my nails green because I could. Only had painted finger nails once before - a friend took me for a mani and a pedi when I turned 40 a few years back. That time I chose clear and still picked it all off by morning. I wonder how long this will last ...

I'm off to clean the coops and work in the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom