Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw an article stating that
woot.gif
is now in the dictionary. I found out that
woot.gif
does not mean at all what I thought it did.

Quote:
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from yer neighbor in Ethel, WA I think I is a neighbor to there any way right??

Well, y'know, we're all neighbors.

On the other hand (she says, after having checked the maps because sometimes I make mistakes, only not this time) Ferndale is half-way between Bellingham and Vancouver, BC. There's a long grade up from Bellingham on 5, and when you get to the top there's this huge stretch of farmland and a view through the trees to Birch Bay and the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Almost as amazing as the long green curve of ground between Goldendale and the lip of the Columbia Gorge: both places really make it obvious that this is a round planet.

Last edited:
Quote:
You must be talking about the one that has (or did last time I was there) the view point that had arrows showing the different Mt's. Hood, Adams, St Helens and I think Rainier. That stretch just before you drop down the canyon by the old sheep ranch and headed to Stonehenge and Maryhill Museum/Castle. Right on down to the big creek and over to Biggs Junction. Yes I have no idea where you are talking about.

Quote:
You must be talking about the one that has (or did last time I was there) the view point that had arrows showing the different Mt's. Hood, Adams, St Helens and I think Rainier. That stretch just before you drop down the canyon by the old sheep ranch and headed to Stonehenge and Maryhill Museum/Castle. Right on down to the big creek and over to Biggs Junction. Yes I have no idea where you are talking about.

I have no clue where this is either - but the view point shows (from N to S), Rainier, St. Helens, Adams, and Hood. If you continue (on 97) to the south side of the big creek, there is another location that shows (N to S); Rainier, St. Helens, Adams, Hood, Jefferson, Three Sisters and one more that I can never remember...

Quote:

Yup, that's it. Amazing view, totally unphotographable.

Quote:

I have no clue where this is either - but the view point shows (from N to S), Rainier, St. Helens, Adams, and Hood. If you continue (on 97) to the south side of the big creek, there is another location that shows (N to S); Rainier, St. Helens, Adams, Hood, Jefferson, Three Sisters and one more that I can never remember...

Speaking of road views: US 12 in Montana, a couple of miles past the Continental Divide, where there's a couple of thousand feet of down and about fifty miles of flat with the Garnet Range tiny and blue in the distance.

(I never get anywhere these days except in my memories).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom