Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rats!, another delay in ordering chicks. Truck ain't runnin' yet and now the lawn tractor went toes up.
somad.gif

Boy oh boy yesterday was not a good day. Dang. So disgusted I went on a short trip over to the Brooklyn Saloon. circa 1920's. It's located (I think) SW of Oakville off US 12 up in logging country. A short trip for me, and the artifacts were neat.
Saturday will see me in the garage (again). I'll finish up the truck and begin looking at mower. Hopefully I can both done. (best laid plans of mice and men and all that)

Sooooo....it looks like I'll be buying layers instead of chicks. Not going to happen for a few weeks though. sheesh, one step forward then I go back two.
he.gif

Quote:
I'm sure I will have eggs then If you would like some. I have a 2 roosters each with a flock, I may even have Quail eggs by then. I am inbetween everett and snohomish.

Thats about where I am located too! We are actually in the Lake Stevens area.

I am in North Bothell/South Mill Creek. We have two Cochin roos with a variety of hens (none of them Cochin). Another BYC'er has some in her incubator now and it looks like a bunch of them are fertile. I can tell you more about the hen/roo varieties if you are interested. Our silkie hatched out a beautiful dark blue Cochin/Austrolorp chick this winter. Just let me know!

If anyone is interested !!! I have 3 BBR OEGB hens and a Silver duckwing OEGB Roo ( at least that is what I have been told they are). I would be willing to share some hatching eggs.

Also I saw some body recently post that (I think Reber Ranch) had Sicilian Buttercup chicks. I have 1 buttercup hen and since this breed is on the critical list I would like to get a couple more hens and a roo so I can try to do my part to keep these birds going.

wee.gif
I just got home from the Monroe show. OMG!! I have SO much to learn! All of the birds were beautiful and everyone was very nice and more then willing to tell me about the birds. It was fun walking around seeing so many different breeds. The most fun was buying raffel tickets and giving them out to the kids.
celebrate.gif
I am more excited then ever to get my babies!!
jumpy.gif

I only was able to spend a little time at the Monroe show today. What a fantastic turn out of participants. Looked bigger then the fair. All of you who had something to do with it can be proud. Great show. Wish I had more time.

Also I saw some body recently post that (I think Reber Ranch) had Sicilian Buttercup chicks. I have 1 buttercup hen and since this breed is on the critical list I would like to get a couple more hens and a roo so I can try to do my part to keep these birds going.

Rustler,
I was the one that posted that Reber Ranch has buttercups from Privett I believe. They had a few dozen last Monday. A coworker was there on Thursday night and mentioned that they still had some.

Russ​

OH I wish I could have went to the show.
roll.png

Well my one doe kidded she gave us two doe kids and two buck kids, they are so pretty lot of white black and brown really flashy..
My son and I are fighting over who get who LOL
wee.gif

alright so today i got 9 eggs. things are looking better

3 of the eggs i got were covered in egg goo, dried.

so i think i now know why my egg count is low.
one of these chickens is eating eggs......
my bf john looked at some cracked eggs i cant sell and noticed they looked like peck marks, i thought it was from falling on the eggs.... but he showed me the difference.

so now i believe i have an egg eater that barely leave evidence (no shells)
to catch it do i have to spend one of my spring break days watching the nest box?

after i identify the culpret, is there a cure or should i give it away?
help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom