Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illia,
Love the picture of the kids, they are just to cute.
ya.gif

Chickaholic
Hi, I have 4 BCM that hatched on Easter day and about 10 that are also 10 days old.

T Hi
Oh my gosh lucky you, Im so sorry what you had to go through to get them, but its GREAT that you have them now.
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Sheryl Butler in Bothell sells Marans, as well as other egg-laying breeds- nice started pullets. She also has some of the best exhibition quality silkies, cochins, and d'uccles. Her e-mail is
[email protected]

Quote:
Hello!!! I'm Melissa and I love just outside of Yakima!!! Nice to meet you! These are my first chickens and the oldest ones were bought March 6 so I'm still a long way from getting eggs:( Are yours laying yet? Are they your first chickens?

Quote:
Sheryl Butler in Bothell sells Marans, as well as other egg-laying breeds- nice started pullets. She also has some of the best exhibition quality silkies, cochins, and d'uccles. Her e-mail is
[email protected]

I second, third, and fourth this suggestion. She brought laying age pullets to the show in Stevenson,WA and they were gorgeous. I also saw her entire flock (including the cochins, white and buff silkies, white and buff showgirls, and frizzles) and they were great. She has very nice stock. I believe she was best of show a year or two ago with a white bantam cochin at a huge show in CA.

Not to mention she has got to be one of the most generous, lovely, ladies I have met in poultry thus far. After she found out my reserve of variety white cockerel was one of THREE nice white cockerels without any pullets or hens, she traded me/sold me two white laying age pullets.

Sheryl is a gem.

Hi folks! We spent today visiting some of the coops on the Whidbey Island Coop Tour. It was fun, nearly a whole day of looking at and talking about chickens. :) And now we have more ideas for building our own.

Interesting thing here, though.... my husband is deciding, of his own free will, that we might as well build the coop bigger than we had planned! We have 10 chicks, and I thought that was pretty much his limit, so we were planning a 6'x8' coop. Now he's talking 8'x8'. Hahahah. He's as hooked as I am!

Quote:
[email protected]

I second, third, and fourth this suggestion. She brought laying age pullets to the show in Stevenson,WA and they were gorgeous. I also saw her entire flock (including the cochins, white and buff silkies, white and buff showgirls, and frizzles) and they were great. She has very nice stock. I believe she was best of show a year or two ago with a white bantam cochin at a huge show in CA.

Not to mention she has got to be one of the most generous, lovely, ladies I have met in poultry thus far. After she found out my reserve of variety white cockerel was one of THREE nice white cockerels without any pullets or hens, she traded me/sold me two white laying age pullets.

Sheryl is a gem.

Is it hard to find started pullets? And is it OK to put them in with 8-10 week old chicks? I think we want to get at least a couple of older ones sometime in June, already laying or really close to it. My sister and her family are coming to visit in July and I think my nephew would get a kick out of gathering eggs. It's sooooo not their lifestyle.

Quote:
Oh, my dear sweet Ronnie Roo. Only you can make me laugh when I feel like shooting more than a few people or possibly myself. Thank you.

thanks also to those of you who have offered support. I do appreciate it.

In answer to why I am not here reading everyday: I suffer fairly severely from depression. Reading everyday pages of new chickies and duckies and people who have the freedom to have whatever flock or multiple flocks - is very difficult for me when I have been anticipating my court date, and now while I am trying to figure out a way to deal with the anger and sadness that I am feeling.

Russ, Ron, Rob, Kim, Jen, Christine and others will tell you that for the most part, I have been part of the comedy relief in the past. I just haven't got it in me now. I hope to be excited about chickens and life again soon so I can come back on and pitch a little bit more s_ _ t on the 2 thieves in your midst. But that is about all the joking I can come up with.

Well maybe just one more........ Ron did you give Rob all of his bruises when you caught him in the coop trying to replace all of those defective white eggs with something with a little bit more pizazz? How rude..... He was only trying to help!

OK... Love you all. Keep hatching those beautiful lovelies. And don't forget that a mutt chicken egg is just as beautiful and tasty as your designer variety. Let's not all become a bunch of chicken snobs. Mostly it should be about loving them, not because they fit some ideal of perfection. They are all perfect as they are. Just love them as long as you can..... Even the ugly ducklings. (I love duckies equally well really!)

Quote:
Well long story short. I took a fall that was like if ya were face down with a pipe under yer leg just above the knee and then dropped 400+ lbs on the back of yer ankle. Our DN who is in the med field looked at it tonight and made me promise that I will keep it elevated and go to urgent care tomorrow. I guess she just kind of gave me that little extra nudge I needed to go in to the doc. I have way too much stuff to be getting done to have to go through this right now. Guess I will just have to build a bridge and get over it.
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom