Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Yes this is absolutely hysterical....
We had just a few hatch on a last hatch, and were so lonely, and being yellow chicks I sent DH to the feed store to pick up a few yellow chicks to keep these babies happy....and so he did, he brought me 1 small baby cornish
barnie.gif
and they fell in love, and that was 1 week ago and today the baby blue splash marans can run under the cornish without ducking (no duck offense intended)
lol.png

and corny will be a lifelong friend to the little bsm !!!!
It is so funny, like there is an emu chick amonst the bsm's !!

This is so funny to me, I fear the feed store!! Every time I go there I bring home more chicks!!!!! well at least my hubby is ok with it
smile.png

This is exactly why I sent him to get a buddy for the lonely hatchling...to date, the cornish is 12" high, and the marans is about 5"
So, funny, they are buddies.

Quote:
Far Out !!! I have been in bed sick and just logged on and this news is awesome !!!
Where did the babies come from ???

I got the 2 black runners from LOoraine here on BYC! The 3 chocolates are from Monroe Feed. My daughter and I did ALOT of driving Saturday but it was SOOOOO worth it!'
clap.gif
'

Quote:
I am doing the same thing for my brother in Enumclaw, his first chickens, so I have 18 PBR pullets, and he decided he wasn't ready yet.
At least they will lay big eating eggs, Deb Hartshorn and I were laughting at Easter that nether she nor I had any eggs we could actually dye or eat !!!

So we had a big ducky day. Got a bath and a nice clean brooder box! They did really well in the bath and we toweled them off a bit then under the heat light they went and it was so fun to listen and watch them preen and dry off! They were talking to eachother like crazy! It was like they were saying "oh boy that was so much fun! Wasn't that fun! Oh that was fun! This is so fun! I love having fun!" It was hysterical!

Then after a BIG nap they got to hang out on our laps and get snuggled! They are truly sweeties! Maybe it's just me but they don't seem to be as messy and stinky as I expected them to be. Or I have got so many great tips from all you folks and have gotten lucky with my set up!

Gotta Go! There is only a few more hours of cutie watching before bed ! '
pop.gif
'

So I've seen it mentioned here and there on this post in response to particular requests, but here's the question... who here in Washington actually breeds/sells chicks and hatching eggs? And which of you are actually selling surplus eggs as "farm fresh eggs"?

I'd love to know!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom