Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken Rustler
What did you do,
ep.gif
sounds pretty bad. Have you had it looked at by a DR.

justbugged
Dont worry about it, I wasnst home when you called and when I got home husband took me out. How dark are the Welsummer eggs?

MommyToThree
Ive never gotten older birds before, but last year my friend did and she had a lot of her birds die. She thinks that the one she brought in had something. So I wont do it.
I have goats also and wont do it becasue of biosecurity.
hide.gif
I do have a few people that I will buy from and let breed but not many for that reason.

Quote:
I was teasing about pawning (him) off on you.... you are 10 min away.... lol

Our friends who said it was a Roo in the first place already volunteered to take it if we don't want a noisy bird. I rather like the chance to see what he will be like after being such a nice, calm Cockeral.

Mine is only 10 weeks old and already showing real true signs of being very aggressive!! I want to get rid of him but my husband LOVES him!!

Quote:
Dells at Monroe is a good place if you just want egg-layers. I got all my stuff and 6 chicks for like 72 bucks out the door. I used a large Rubbermade tote the first few weeks. Look around and there are many poor schmucks like me who have old (yet new) gear that is sitting unused!

The farm and feed also has some 5 and 6 week olds out in the back stall if you want some older ones, they do have a pretty good variety of chicks too!

Quote:
Yes this is absolutely hysterical....
We had just a few hatch on a last hatch, and were so lonely, and being yellow chicks I sent DH to the feed store to pick up a few yellow chicks to keep these babies happy....and so he did, he brought me 1 small baby cornish
barnie.gif
and they fell in love, and that was 1 week ago and today the baby blue splash marans can run under the cornish without ducking (no duck offense intended)
lol.png

and corny will be a lifelong friend to the little bsm !!!!
It is so funny, like there is an emu chick amonst the bsm's !!

This is so funny to me, I fear the feed store!! Every time I go there I bring home more chicks!!!!! well at least my hubby is ok with it
smile.png

Quote:
Even worse, you never got Araucanas. . . You got crossbred mutt birds called Easter Eggers.
wink.png
Darn hatcheries that lie to you. . . .

Sorry to hear of that. 'Tis a small reason among many reason I don't get from hatcheries.
smile.png

Illia- I love how you call them "crossbread mutt birds" now that I am educated on that it is quit comical, but they are still cute!!

Incubator question

Suro20 Incubator$339.00 or RCom Incubator $399. Which one? Not sure! I loaned my incubator out to a family friend and they broke it so now I need a new one, and the family is going to help get me one! Wahoooo!
tongue2.gif

So which one I need one that I can walk away from and not half to worry! All though I do worry while hatching eggs!

Chickaholic

I have some BCM but not 5 weeks old, have 4 that are Easter day chicks and a batch that hatched 10 days ago. Ive got nice egg color since thats what your going for.. Have two Olive Egger chicks that where hatched with the 10 days olds also..

Newbie here in Moxee Wa. Hop Capital of the world. Just east of Yakima Wa. If your not sure where Yakima is, its 2.5 hours south east of Seattle. I have 13 chicks- 2 silver lace waynedottes, 2 barred rock, 1 red star, 2 black star, 1 RIR, and 5 aracaunas. Would like to meet someone close to where i live.

Rayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom