Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six eggs hatched, and one to go. it's all I can do to keep myself from cracking it open to see if anyone is home in there. Why yes, ADHD does make me rather like a four year old.

LOLl!! me tooo!!!
duc.gif
gets me in trouble!! And as you have seen from some of my posts, it's a control thing!!
or LACK thereof!! LOL

Well I'll be! I've had by chicks for 2 weeks now and now for the first time a couple of them came over to me in their pen and allowed me to touch them. I was beginning to feel not needed.
What if anything can chicks get as a treat?

Well I'll be! I've had by chicks for 2 weeks now and now for the first time a couple of them came over to me in their pen and allowed me to touch them. I was beginning to feel not needed.

Well, they are just little but, you can give them little pieces of bread, and maybe a little piece of apple, I wouldn't give them a lot, and they may not eat it, cause they aren't use to it, sometimes it scares them!! LOL!!

Quote:

That's cool that they come up to you! I just stick my hand down and let them try to check it out, I always talk to them and I even pick them up and put them next to my face and talk to them, I read that some where, it helps tame them. Just what I do....
Good Luck with them!!

My hatch is complete. Six of seven eggs hatched. One quit shortly before hatch. Of the six that hatched, one seems to have issues. it's feet were curled. I've taped them straight, but I've yet to see it stand up all the way. Judging from the stripes on their backs, the five vigorous ones are Spitz/Brabanter crosses. It will be interesting to see how they develop.

try this. its really fun.

very quickly tap the side of the brooder. *taptaptap* and the chicks will come over to investigate.... and if you provide food every time they come that is "training them"

I always have fun doing that to see whose personality is brave or cowardly. sometimes it also flushes out who will be roosters because they don't want others 'tapping and providing' food. cause broody hens and roosters do that too.

My hatch is complete. Six of seven eggs hatched. One quit shortly before hatch. Of the six that hatched, one seems to have issues. it's feet were curled. I've taped them straight, but I've yet to see it stand up all the way. Judging from the stripes on their backs, the five vigorous ones are Spitz/Brabanter crosses. It will be interesting to see how they develop.

ya.gif
That's great!!! Sorry about the little one!! I had two in the last two hatches that had problems, one I had to cull, the other broke it's toe, I've tried taping it a few times even with the cardboard but it keeps falling back, here is a site I found helpful

https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/
Good luck with them!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom