Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
So CUTE! Glad you rescued her. So sad for the others.

I had allergy testing and was surprised to learn I was allergic to eggs. Hmmmm. Wonder if the stuff they use for testing has traces of antibiotics in it. Maybe I could eat our home grown eggs???
fl.gif
Have you tried Duck eggs ?
Many allergic to chicken eggs can egg duck eggs just fine !

Eating "bon bons" and watching animal planet.
lau.gif

Yeah, yeah... I know. Sad. Trying to find some humor in all this.
hmm.png
She's gotten pretty good at chirping when she wants me to bring her water dish to her. That's helped prevent spills.

I would seriously consider switching feed to Scratch and Peck Naturally Free. There's no soy or corn, which could be what is getting into the eggs you are testing allergic to. Our kids are dairy/soy/gluten intolerant and we are going to be using Scratch and Peck starting as soon as the 10lbs of feed I have left is gone. The babies are 8 weeks old today!!!!! I have a single 11lb feeder almost full of their medicated chick starter left, then we get to make the switch! I'm super excited since I already know they love the new feed, I've been giving them a little every day to get them used to whole grains before inundating their systems with it.
If wheat or soy got into the hen's eggs....it would kill me.
And I can eat hen's eggs fine.
But antibiotics may stay in hen's eggs as well as other medications that commercial egg factories use.
And that may bother quite a few people.
I actually have a dedicated egg customer who comes every 2 weeks to get 2 doz XL eggs for her dog.
The dog is allergic to just about everything & she has taken it for expensive testing.
The store bought eggs cause the dog some sort of allergic greif, but my eggs do not.
So she says.
She feeds her dog 1 egg a day
big_smile.png

Eating "bon bons" and watching animal planet.
lau.gif

Yeah, yeah... I know. Sad. Trying to find some humor in all this.
hmm.png
She's gotten pretty good at chirping when she wants me to bring her water dish to her. That's helped prevent spills.
Bless her little heart and yours... you are such a good mama to her!

Curious, did you get a swab test done by the Avian Lab, or are you just guessing that your birds have Coryza ?

No we are just guessing! Hubby did some more reading and I didn't realize how much cory and mg are so similar the symptoms sound the same except for the smell that comes from cory we dont have. All of them smell normal. We may not have to cull but we are still trying to figure out what are gonna do.

If gender is in question, that is no doubt a hen. A pretty hen. Roosters cannot come in that color.
I don't know about that Illia, I had a few EEs hatch out that very color, beautiful boys, but as you said before, useless.
Maybe this "hen" needs more light ?
Are the others laying & just this one is not laying...?
I have had a few hens just not lay or not lay often.
Upon butchering I noticed they had NO ovaries, or very few.
Just a genetic deal in that particular breed.
Made good soup though.
smile.png

No we are just guessing! Hubby did some more reading and I didn't realize how much cory and mg are so similar the symptoms sound the same except for the smell that comes from cory we dont have. All of them smell normal. We may not have to cull but we are still trying to figure out what are gonna do.
Read up on ILT also...............and an antibiotic may be what you need.

Most respiratory issues that happen here in WA are either MG or ILT.with Cory taking a third place.

You can all bookmark this link & study it.
At the bottom of the page is charts showing & comparing symptoms.
This is in no way ALL the diseases poultry can have, but a good portion of them.

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Thank you for the link it helped hubby and I are gonna go look and figure out we are gonna do. Thank you everyone for your concern I am really sad and heart broken and you guys really help!

I had allergy testing and was surprised to learn I was allergic to eggs. Hmmmm. Wonder if the stuff they use for testing has traces of antibiotics in it. Maybe I could eat our home grown eggs???
fl.gif

Perhaps you should try duck eggs. I have some egg buyers that tell me they can't eat chicken eggs but can eat duck eggs. So they buy my duck eggs. I have no idea if it's true or not, just a suggestion . . .

Hey guy I have a question, what is the main reason people get silkies? Other then they are wonderful brooders? I have seen lately they are very popular in my area and was wondering if I was missing out on somin LOL.. From what I read they arent the greatest layer so I was just wondering... Thanks
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom