Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhhh I would have been steaming
somad.gif
! My mother is a nurse, and while I RESPECT most everybody in the medical profession, I cannot believe how "right" they always think they are! My mom has threatened to sneak my son off to get a Gaurdisil(sp?) vaccine because she thinks that is what is going to kill all of our youth..... I had to ask her if she even read about the side-effects and Hepatitis in the vaccine!!! She goes on a blind faith of what she hears from the Docs (who are also, so very young!)
THAT is scarey !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW... Drama's leg did not stick out like that. A chick chair worked for her. But, I don't think chick chair would do much for your little one.

I don't know - but I would wonder if that is a mild version of splayed leg. I think taping might help - it wouldn't hurt to try.

Hopefully, ChickieLady will see this soon - I have a feeling she might know what to do.
OK my 2 cents.....IF I get a check with a spaly (not often) I usually tape the booger's feets (and back toe) to a lightweight piece of cardboard, cut to fit the inside of a low wide coffee cup I have.
The guy can peer out, and rest if need be, but both feet are on the ground & they cannot tip over due to the coffee cup.
Place the whole cuppa chick in the incubator to keep warm, and you can dip it's beak for water every so often, then put it back in the cup.
I use packing tape to tape them, it does not rip off skin.
Band aids have come off, so do not use them any more.
The coffee cup method usually takes 24 hrs, sometimes 36 and has worked.
Hope this helps.
It all depends on what exactly the little dude's problem is, looks to me like maybe a hip issue ?
Remember, a low wide coffee cup, so the baby can see over the edge.
Cut the heavy paper/lightweight cardboard to fit exactly in the bottom of the cup, a circle.
Have the tape strips ready, scotch tape size, and stand him on the paper, tape his good foot front & back, then do the other foot.
Hope it works for you !

OUR LOAN HAS BEEN APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

Now we need to do the appraisel, so they know we have the property & half a house bilt as we say we do.
Also have a intermediary framing inspection Monday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soon the permit will be issued and we have a GO !!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

celebrate.gif

Now we need to do the appraisel, so they know we have the property & half a house bilt as we say we do.

wee.gif

celebrate.gif
Awesome!! How fantastic, I can't wait to see the finished product. What a fun time for you guys!

So Scarlett, who started limping 3 days ago almost to the hour, just stopped limping all of a sudden. She still woke up limping this morning and something was clearly wrong, but after I fed them some treats and did some chicken chores suddenly she wasn't limping anymore. Any idea what could have been wrong? Slipped tendon that righted itself? Weird, to say the least. I'm just so glad she's better though!

For those of you with splayed leg birds, I found this very informative for me, even if I haven't needed to use her method yet: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/search/label/splayed leg

This was posted in the Free Section................

Fish Store Closed - Fish Tanks & Stuff Need To Go (Fife)

Date: 2012-10-05, 1:36PM PDT
Reply to this post [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

We closed a fish store in Oregon. All items are in a warehouse in Fife. EVERYTHING must go today.

The address is: 5010 Pacific Hwy East Fife, WA 98424.

We will be here until 5pm today ONLY.

After today all goes to the dump, Goodwill.

TANKS, ACCESSORIES, SOME FISH, FILTERS, GRAVEL, SALT, AIR PUMPS ETC
Just sent my boss to check it out! That is exciting! I love free stuff!!
love.gif

celebrate.gif

wee.gif
Yay!!!

Those of you going to fish store I hope you score. That could be huge score.
I'm starting to get the urge to have discus again but this time just in the living room instead of a room dedicated to them.
Quote: I went to a Barn being torn down and bought those for $2.00 a piece. When I got them home I thought all I'd have to do is take care of nail holes. How wrong I was. LOL!
I took each piece and placed it towards the sky so I could see any holes I might have missed and discovered a whole bunch of tiny ones you'd never see if not for the sun light. So I used them anyway after fixing the nail holes and just placed a tarp over the metal and that was four years ago and has worked great.

Quote:
You're very welcome! :) So happy you like it! Have to tell you - I stopped by a bakery outlet and asked about bird feed bread =) They sent me home with two sacks full for $3! And you can get a whole cart for $7! Wow! Was a happy camper! And my birds are even happier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom