Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH--I'm not looking! LOL Really....I'm not....not at all....LOL

But I have lots for sale....I wonder if anyone is interested in some sort of swap/sale this fall? Or is that already organized and I missed out? LOL I couldn't travel too far, but I'd be willing to drive a few hours...

What the heck did you get in the Aeneas Valley?
hide.gif

Quote:
I only saw 1 speckled sussex hen. There was a cage of chicks, but it was too crowded to get close. It was raining the entire time, so most everyone was trying to stay inside. There was lots of silkies, brahmas, jersey giants, naked necks, ameracaunas, and more little chickens, like seramas, than you could shake a stick at. I rarely get to see them in real life, just pictures so I was fascinated with them. Lots of crowing, made me want a roo. Thinking I might have to do the Puyallup this year too.

Russ

I'd love a sale or swap thing! I'm thinking we can do some pre-arrangements as well as some on site, ones, too!

What I have to sale/swap:

chickens:
Silver Gray Dorking pullet (hatched early Feb)
Blue Andalusian pullet (hatched early Feb)
Rhodie pullet and (most likely) cockerel pair (these are the two I rescued earlier this month)

ducks:
Ducklings (hatched last weekend & this week) - Khaki Campbells & KC/Runner mixes (straight run)
Black Swede hen w/crest - very good mother, hatched 12 of 13 eggs this year (hatched Fall 2009)
KC/Runner mix hen - a protective mother (hatched Fall 2009) who lays large eggs

What I'm hoping for - chicks, pullets and hens of the following:

Additional colors for my Cochin flock (I have black, buff and a splash roo)
Speckled Sussex
friendly bantam (Serama, Japanese, etc.) hens who would like to retire in style
Silkies!

Pictures available of all of the above.

Quote:
I only saw 1 speckled sussex hen. There was a cage of chicks, but it was too crowded to get close. It was raining the entire time, so most everyone was trying to stay inside. There was lots of silkies, brahmas, jersey giants, naked necks, ameracaunas, and more little chickens, like seramas, than you could shake a stick at. I rarely get to see them in real life, just pictures so I was fascinated with them. Lots of crowing, made me want a roo. Thinking I might have to do the Puyallup this year too.

Russ

Hmmm...I sold a few lots of Light Sussex eggs to some dude who was going to hatch them and sell them there...I haven't heard back to see if they hatched??

Quote:
I'm not sure...I know that the Oregon thread is doing one...but it's like an 8 to 12 hour drive (one way) for me...so I was thinking maybe Wenatchee or something? It's still about two hours for me and about two hours for everyone else...or so...and October?? Maybe??

Quote:

Russ

Hmmm...I sold a few lots of Light Sussex eggs to some dude who was going to hatch them and sell them there...I haven't heard back to see if they hatched??

I didn't see any "sale" . It was the 4-H showing. Do they sell also? I'm clueless.

Russ

Quote:
Yeah, I was thinking a specific date/time/place to ALL meet and do a swap/sale....fall is a good time because no one wants to overwinter birds they don't intend to keep...I have a few of my own signed up for freezer camp...and yet, I cannot bear to kill them! Especially my extra light Sussex roo! In total, I'll probably have 10+ birds to off load before the snow flies...

Quote:

I didn't see any "sale" . It was the 4-H showing. Do they sell also? I'm clueless.

Russ

I think it was a 4-H club auctioning them off...

Quote:

Russ

I think it was a 4-H club auctioning them off...

Can you tell I grew up in an area with no 4-H?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom