Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
A bantam cochin roo (mille fleur) and probably a pair of lemon blue cochins.

If I could go, I'd be sooo tempted to get some Crevecoeurs if you had any.
big_smile.png

hey there everybody.

a funny thing happened, I logged on to BYC and it took me directly to the AZ area. I had a tough time finding my way back home.

The weather here has been very much like June at home. I am liking that very much. Being there with very shaky internet access is the pits. I am happy to send my phone number to anybody who wants it.... I am bored. But I haven't gotten my Golden Feather Memebership renewed yet, so you may have to email me instead. Ron and Kim have the address and I hope they won't mind passing it on to any regular who wants it. I don't want to post it here for the world. Friends on fb can PM me there.

Sounds like the party was a blast. I am so glad. I am still happy to print out a recipe book with all of the food recipes if you want. Just let me know when I get back after the 18th.

I miss fresh eggs so much. My sis has some of the white inferior type in the fridge, but no telling how old they are, and of course they came from plastic commercial chickens too. I just can't bring myself to even think about cooking one. I am thinking about making Banana bread..... Maybe they will do???

Miss the chatter of you all on here. I will try to stay online long enough to read the past 20 pages or so that I have missed soon. Of course we are averaging about 3+ pages a day, so it may get tougher.

Thanks for the pics Kim. Scary mottley crew, but I love each and everyone of you and wish I could have hugged the lot of you one at a time. Someday soon, I hope.

hey there is no spell check on this computer... Oh well. I guess you will figure it out.

Hi everybody! I'm kind of a chicken newbie over in the south east. Walla Walla area. I've got a little flock of bantams, and I'm about ready to give half-ish away so I can get/hatch more now that it's spring. I was also thinking about rescuing a battery hen or two. I've seen stuff around this site about battery rescue but it's always back east. Does anybody know anything about local hen rescue? I know there's a bird sanctuary in Squim that takes in battery hens and uses them in animal training seminars (A friend of mine went to one. She has video of teaching a hen to play tether ball). Is there a particular time of year when they're culling the flocks or anything?

Welcome to ALL you NEW people
yippiechickie.gif
You just missed a great chicken party last sunday
fl.gif

but don't WORRY
tongue2.gif
I'm sure our PRESIDENT (and hostess) Kim Hunter is ALREADY planning our NEXT big BASH
thumbsup.gif
tongue2.gif

We even have a cook (cater) lined up.
clap.gif
Mr. IMP (russ for short)

Well, my old white leghorn is at it again
rant.gif
A few months ago she was laying rubber (no shell) eggs. Then she got better and started laying 1 or 2 Double yokers a week.
Last week I noticed I was only getting 3 out of 4 white eggs, then I found a couple rubber eggs under the roost. Today I notice her just standing in the bushes all by herself. I went over to see her and she had TWO complete rubber eggs under her
idunno.gif
there was still steam coming off both of them
hu.gif

I have lots of oyster shell out for them

Ron B,

Catering imp hmmm! OK as long as I don't have to bake! Oh I remember we have someone who works at Gai's Bakery. Could that be Ron the Baker?
big_smile.png

In case she's not taking to oyster shell etc, Here's some other food sources of calcium.

Don't know why 14 is blank
Molasses can cause diarrhea in chickens
Some people are opposed to giving chickens citrus.

1.Spinach
2.Turnip greens
3.Mustard greens
4.Collard greens
5.Blackstrap molasses
6.Swiss chard
7.Yogurt
8.Kale
9.Mozzarella cheese
10.Milk (goat's milk and cow's milk)
11.Basil, thyme, dill seed, cinnamon, and peppermint leaves
12.Romaine lettuce
13.Rhubarb
15.Broccoli
16.Sesame seeds
17.Fennel
18.Cabbage
19.Summer squash
20.Green beans
21.Garlic
22.Tofu
23.Brussel sprouts
24.Oranges
25.Asparagus
26.Crimini mushrooms

Welcome to all the new people.
frow.gif

kkmoto,

Chicken math works like this:

You have 5
you add 5 more
then you just go to look but come home with 5 more

total chickens are 3 (legal in Seattle)

and you never ever count roosters, they are free

seespotbitejane,

I've heard that sometimes animal control has chickens for adopting. You might find some there.

Now Weave,

A Scary Motley Crew.
tongue.gif

We are definitely more of a Frighteningly Strange Lot, or Horrifyingly Odd Group, but not Scary Motley Crew.

Russ

Hi Everyone! I'm in Kennewick, WA (below Spokane), new to the site and relatively newly obsessed with chickens. I have a porcelain dutch, buff orpington, speckled sussex, and a few giant cochins. I'm hoping to get hooked up with local poultry shows, breeders, and particularly Jersey Giants. I'm also wondering if anyone local has had cochins, orpingtons, or giants sucumb to Marek's. Any info you have would be appreciated. Thanks

Quote:
Sorry you couldn't come
sad.png

I would love the recipe booklet. My son enjoyed several things and I would love to see if I can modify the recipes to accomodate my allergies. I have an idea, rather than printing the booklet out perhaps you could upload it to a website or email it out (save postage and trees).

Yesterday afternoon we (DW & I) met with 2 people who claimed to be Weavegarden's mom and dad. We were meeting up so I could adopt 3 of thier "over limit" chickens. We enjoyed 3 1/2 hours of great conversation over dinner. I really think these people were imposters. They were way too nice to be related to Weave.
lau.gif
gig.gif

O and about said chickens. Well at least one of them doesn't have very good manners. When I reached in to get her out of the box she didn't great me very friendly like. As in she was not pecking but really trying to bite !
ep.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom