Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got babies!!! Thank you sooo much LOoraine!!! They are all getting along really well! There is one little chocolate that is a noisy bugger! The rest are pretty quiet and loving to make a mess of the waterer! Ahhhh.....I love my ducklings!'
love.gif
'

Thank you everyone for the good ducky vibes! What a wonderful ending to a terrible week!

50515_babies_1.jpg
[/img]

Ok so how do you all get such great pictures of your babies!? Trying to get all 5 to hold still is cracking me up! They decided forget it mom, so they climbed up my legs onto my lap and snuggled in for a nap! God forbid I move and wake the little darlings!

Yea! You managed to get the whole family today! Pics are soooooo difficult. But you'll eventually acquire a few tricks to help the process. Enjoy them - I'm convinced they've all got a pretty darned good new home. Looking forward to progress reports
big_smile.png

Last edited:
raised bed near the fruitstand has been weeded and planted. 2Raised beds at the garden have been weeked of the big thorny weeds. now need to till it. need fuel... to end my day. i collected eggs. and watched as the chickens chased this one who caught a mouse. i wonder if that is how some dinosaurs acted...

my back hurts from bending over the raised beds all day..... need a nice soak. and i'm only 20.....

how ticked will a broody be if i moved its nest from under the roosts (where they poop) and into a separate cage, so when the chicks hatch the rest of the flock wont kill them.....

broody hen question # 2 if a hen is successfully broody, why is it still laying eggs? ( i have since marked the incubating eggs and remove the unmarked eggs to eat) -sigh- i do not know how you guys do it. if i had an incubator i would be incubating all the time and i would have no family left.... so yeah.... 60 chickens with 15 eggs on the way... and all are fertile.... it will be interesting what crosses it will be.... some of my hens are double teamed by the roo's.......

Didn't read your post real carefully, but my broodys have never minded when I moved their nest. Could the 'eggs' be being layed by another resident hen? That's usually the case for me. So happy to hear a 20 year old can be worn down by the tasks at hand as well
lol.png

Probably more I should comment on? But I guess ultimately we have to love it (a bit) and that's what keeps us going.

Congrats on the new kids Illia! They are adorable! Great pics too!

Ok I promise this is the last pic I post. (for today anyway!) They adopted my daughters bunny! It is SOOO cute to watch them all cuddle together! How will I ever be able to go to work on Monday!!?? I will need a webcam so I can go on the computer at work and watch them! Is that going too crazy?? '
ya.gif
'

50515_babies_6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom