Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terre supervises while I use my custom egg-gathering device:

P1010573.jpg

Quote:
Yeah for the first eggy!!! I have my older trio of BLRW and then two pullets I hatched out last fall in the BLRW breeding pen. I just looked up how old the two BLRW pullets are, they will be 29 weeks this weekend and I haven't seen my first egg yet from them! Getting impatient with them............

I think Sylvia is just older than that; Rainwolf says she was hatched on October 29, IIRC.

Quote:
I will have to look through my stuff and see if I have any hens left. I think I do but not sure. Refresh my memory did you get the small ($5) or the large ($20) rooster.

Large $20... Are you not making them anymore?

Quote:
I don't think you need to feel bad about being sad about a chicken. I am sorry, they are enjoyable and they each have their own little personalities. I will, of course, miss my favorites.

I am sorry for your loss....
hugs.gif

BTW, when is lunch? (sorry, I had to add this because of your previous post).

Last edited:
Quote:
Everybody is fine. The ones we get up here a so small compared to what you guys get. It ripped some metal roof off a shed and bent the door is all.

I watched a chilling Youtube video yesterday that some guy had shot while about 18 people, including children had holed up in a gas station convenience store. It was dark but you could hear what was happening. As the tornado got closer, and all the windows blew out, they all went and huddled in the storage cooler on top of each other as the tornado went right over them and demolished the building. There is a follow up video where he goes back to the location in daylight and shot what was left of the building and shows where they had been hiding and the small space they had left to climb out of. It was a miracle those people got out alive. It brings home how mortal we are and how lives can be changed in a few minutes time.

Here is the link, but I have to warn you, it is really frightening.

ETA: This was of course, the tornado in Joplin.

I am glad they all came out OK, but cooler and freezer like that are not very good storm shelters. They are make up of insulation and wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom