Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were you, I would get help from the transportation department before it does freeze solid and they all go home - and to make sure they didn't damage anything! So disrespectful =(

I won't be able to have it taken care of till friday... tomorrow isn't just a Snowday... all non-essential campus operations are suspended.

Still have power here too, although it's been flickering here and there! Hoping it stays on for American Idol!!!

We have at least a 1/4" thick hard ice crust on the snow now. The dogs don't like it AT ALL!!!! I don't particularly walking in it either!!

Going to plant myself in front of the fire and watch some TV.

OH! Wait, I gotta go candle my BLRW's and Maran's!!!!

Still have power here too, although it's been flickering here and there! Hoping it stays on for American Idol!!!

We have at least a 1/4" thick hard ice crust on the snow now. The dogs don't like it AT ALL!!!! I don't particularly walking in it either!!

Going to plant myself in front of the fire and watch some TV.

OH! Wait, I gotta go candle my BLRW's and Maran's!!!!

Yeah, the soft fluffy snow this morning was a lot easier to deal with than the stuff that had mist/freezing rain falling on it for a few hours. It was pretty miserable, after I'd finished all the major chores- including getting hay for the sheep, which involves going all the way down to where we park the Ford- in the heavy, slippery, ice-crusted snow, to look up and realize that I'd left the chore bucket up by the Hamburgs, and hadn't gathered their eggs, either- another fifty feet up hill, and the trail I'd broken earlier in the day was glare ice.

It must have been a chunk of snow shorting out the lines, or a switching flicker caused by an outage somewhere else, because the lights haven't blinked again. I hope. I hope for all of us: no power outages, no emergencies of any sort. And better weather soon.

OK, so those of you who have really really dark Marans eggs, what do you candle with. I couldn't see nothing!!!! I tossed two though, one was really really porous and looked clear, another had a big crack in it so that baby went. 9 left.
Also had 9 of the BLRW's. I'm so excited about these as I have the roo I got from CGG who is a black (or really really dark blue) roo named William in there with what I think are two light blue hens. These are their eggs. So hopiing really hard to get all blue & blacks! Other than these 3 and the gorgeous new blue roo I have, all my hens are either splash or light light blue, and my main man Wyatt is splash too. Hoping for some new blood/new colors for the flock.

██ ████████ ██████ ██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██. ███ ███

This post has been found in violation of H.R. 3261, S.O.P.A and has been removed.

I am in the small town of Castle Rock, about 50 minutes north of Portland... I have 2 dogs, 3 cats, 1 goat and 16 wonderful hens....

welcome-byc.gif

hope you are surviving the storm down there... the portland storm system is to hit the pullman area in a few hours...
I am in the small town of Castle Rock, about 50 minutes north of Portland... I have 2 dogs, 3 cats, 1 goat and 16 wonderful hens....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom