Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome!! Do you know if we can just send a .jpg file with a logo and have that put on the labels???

X 2 !!!!!!!!!!!
I am still looking for that local winery collector's 2-3 bottles for my Dad for X-mas...........but what kind of wine is it?
He is particular, but he is also interested in where you are, what vines you have, etc etc etc....he is into vine-ee-culture here in the PNW

OK I have been working hard here behind the scenes..........and still have to go get dinner going: Tacos, so alot of slicing & dicing, Elk burger/taco seasoning is already done...........gotta do avacados, tomatoes, lettuce, and have the jalapenos, all ready~~~~~
Olives chopped, gotta go~~~~~~
droolin.gif

Later peeps !

Purchase by, and raise in a brooder until they are ready to go out, usually 4 weeks....then out they go for the final 5 to 6 weeks, meanwhile a new batch is ordered, and the same route is followed.

Thanks for the clarification. That's where I was last year, I was hoping to get them out earlier. I see a fellow down the street gets them out earlier, but I haven't had a chance to talk with him about it. I can't remember when they were out there but it was still pretty chilly. I probably pampered them too much...

Isn't is amazing how many lurkers we have from "other states" But they never drop in to say Hi are we really that scarry? really we don't bite.
SNAP!!! Yikes, guilty as charged! Michigander here. Michigoose, maybe more correctly. Mostly I spend my time on the Michigan thread. Hey, we're number two. And proud of it! (Meaning we are the second most active state thread). (I don't think I need to mention who is the undisputed champ of the state threads. ;) ) So, being a minor member of the #2 thread, and spending way too much time keeping up with the super-chatty Michigan folks, of course I began to wonder about a thread that is more than twice as busy as MI. Because really I get a little sad when I've read all 70 or so new pages in an evening and there's nothing to do but drag myself to bed. :D So clearly the Washingtonians must also have a great bunch of people as you must be as crazy about your group of people as we are about ours. And there's a sentimental reason too. I am a transplanted Washingtonian myself. Grew up in beautiful Buckley, came to Michigan in 1981 to go to college, ended up marrying a Michigan guy, and here I am still. Growing up in Buckley at least did prepare me for the lack of sunshine here in Michigan... Though not so much for the flatness. Or the bitter cold. Although your winter has been much worse than ours so far, for maybe the first time in my memory. But we have gotten down to single digits even this year. So, any of you who find yourselves with extra time on your hands because you're out of posts here... consider yourselves totally invited over to the Michigan thread. Only a few of us bite. And we're always super sorry right afterwards. :p

Sorry hope I didn't come across too bad. I tend to have a little trouble putting into text what want to say with out it sounding harsh. Nice to meet ya. How do ya find out how the threads stack up. Not that it really matters cause (no offense) I would never trade my WA peeps for any others no matter the ranking. and remember we will be

Ogress still on line here ?

I am going to buy a rat zapper, unless someone knows of an alternative that works better.....
Rat Zappers have to be the most expensive rat trap.
I have bought 3 metal box type rat traps that feature a trip plate which slams the door alot like a have-A-Heart trap only these are rat sized & not made of wire but are solid galv. metal with tiny square windows punched out.
They work fantastic for mice !
Have not caught a rat in one so far had them for a year now.........
hmm.png

Since I saw that big rat hopping through the deep snow last week...I am looking for a GOOD rat trap !

Hi CHickie!

Love, love, love my zapper, though I find if I leave it in the sun on a hot day, and the light shines in it just right, the thing will think it has a rat and will zap cotinuously until you move it out of the sun. Batterieslast 20 - 40 rats or 2 years with no rats. Or several weeks with imaginary rats. No direct sun on the thing, no problem. I just put scratch in mine. If a big juicy slug happens to b in the thing when a rat enters, the slug becomes jelly and you'll need to clean the thing. Other than that, no issues.

I won't be on much over the next few weeks - They bumped my hours up today to nearly 60 per week (they can do that as tax pro and front desk are separate jobs). The office is hopping! I think because of all that snow, people are just walking in with no appointments.

So, I have shopped & looks like the Victor Electronic rat Trap is for me, does not need the fancy lithium weird batteries the rat Zapper uses...cannot waite !
I know the boogers are out there cuz I saw one hopping through the deep snow~~~~
And where there is one................

My rat zapper takes 4 D cells.

They sent me some free copies of Backyard Poultry if anyone wants them. I think they sent a dozen or so. I can always bring them to Monroe.

No offense taken, I assure you, CR. Actually I felt that was a very nice invitation to jump right in. The honorary Old Rooster of the MI thread, Opa, mentions periodically that the MI thread is the second most active state thread... which caused my mind to immediately go to the question, "Well, who is number one?" I LOVE that you all are so modest you didn't even know.

If you go to the forum listings, to "Social" and then "Where am I? Where are you?" thread links, you will see the number of posts in each. Washington blows every other state away.

Not that numbers matter, of course. It's not the number of posts, it's the family feeling shared by the posters. We have that at the MI thread. You have that here.

And CR? I couldn't respect you if you didn't value the WA peeps over any other state's. Blood's thicker than water... even virtual blood. I feell the same way about the MI people. (Even though when anyone asks me where I'm from, after 30 some years, I still say, "Washington"). (Well, more accurately, I say, "the state of Washtington." I would say "the good Washington" if I thought people would get it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom