Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
She should be laying, maybe she doesnt lay a dark egg and your looking of one? Hate to ask are you sure its a hen
hide.gif
gig.gif
A very good point !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: Maybe if you have a big crate or a seperate area you could put her in for a few days to see if she is laying, just not the color of eggs you were expecting!

Big Boo, the lady I am getting the EE's from just told me that she is "closeing" off her flock for 5 days because two of her birds are sneezeing and her neighbor said his birds are sick. So she wants to get them all on meds and not sell them untill they are better. So now she will be by TOP go to gal for chickens just because of that. But I also don't want to wait for my new girls....
th.gif
Oh well I guess, heathy birds are better!

he.gif
We bought 2 of our chickens from a breeder in the Seattle area, our flock seemed fine for a about a week then they all started having runny beaks and coughing having trouble breathing. This didn't start till we got the ones from the breeder. From what we have found out they are Infectious Coryza carriers cause now we have to cull the whole flock. Looks like we are out of the chicken business for awhile cause we cant afford to replace our flock cause we put everything we had into the old flock.

So now she will be by TOP go to gal for chickens just because of that. But I also don't want to wait for my new girls....
th.gif
Oh well I guess, heathy birds are better!

Sorry you have to wait. Hopefully you'll get them in a few days.

Well, day three of my Light Brahma sitting in a chick chair and watching animal planet. *sigh* At least she's not making that noise. I could tell she was feeling down - she refused to eat or drink for a while. Now she's watching TV and eating and drinking.

I'm going to have to figure out a way to get my other two outside. They get aggressive and slam against the brooder as soon as I go out there. Either they're just way too bored from being stuck inside during all this bad weather, or they're upset with me because of the calls my Light Brahma was making last night.

he.gif
We bought 2 of our chickens from a breeder in the Seattle area, our flock seemed fine for a about a week then they all started having runny beaks and coughing having trouble breathing. This didn't start till we got the ones from the breeder. From what we have found out they are Infectious Coryza carriers cause now we have to cull the whole flock. Looks like we are out of the chicken business for awhile cause we cant afford to replace our flock cause we put everything we had into the old flock.

Oh no! I am so sorry!

he.gif
I am so sorry, that is horrible. But is'nt that just basicly a cold for chickens? Can't you just treat it with meds? I don't know just wondering. I had bought a few chickens a while back and every one was fine untill they came, then some of my girls started sneezing and sounding congested also my rooster had lost his crow. But I started putting ACV in the water and now the rooster Jaxx is back to normal crowing and most of the sneezing is gone!
Very sorry that happend to you.
hugs.gif

itsren- I hope your lil girl gets better soon. You are doing such a great job with her!

he.gif
Oh Cory is bad news !
And stanky too !
Too bad you had that happen !!!
hugs.gif

Clean up everything & disenfect !
Read up on the link I sent you on diseases ?

Most respiratory issues that happen here in WA are either MG or ILT.with Cory taking a third place.

You can all bookmark this link & study it.
At the bottom of the page is charts showing & comparing symptoms.
This is in no way ALL the diseases poultry can have, but a good portion of them.

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

I hope so I just posted a pic of her! I hate to check! She is a big hen she is bigger than the rest of our other gals!
Check the bird for hackle.
From the small photo you posted it almost does look like a cockerel.
Does it crow ?
Holding the bird, dig into feathers on the back near it's tail...do you see thin shiney pointed feathers emerging ?
Or just soft wide, rounded feathers ?

he.gif
Curious, did you get a swab test done by the Avian Lab, or are you just guessing that your birds have Coryza ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom