Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: Rats will kill chickens sometimes. It has been occasionally posted that they will gang up on a chicken or, at night will just start eating (similar to possum).
I haven't seen any evidence of rats in my yard in years, but I had a few 10 years ago. They only went after the feed, but I had lights on so maybe it/they weren't willing to take on alert chickens.

Russ- I like the stray/feral cats that live here now.
I get rats coming in from elsewhere, too. I bring in my feed at night to discourage them. They're another reason i close up my coops at night. I especially worry about the chicks.

Maybe it's time for a more enclosed compost system.

Last edited:
partridge_cochins_thumb_large_popup.jpg

I got my Bar-be-Que Special order last week, and McMurray included the "free exotic mystery chick" which looks to be a Partridge Cochin, very cute & chocolatey at present, but will grow to look like the one above, and more than likely a cockerel.
They do not give away free pullets !
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Anyone want a free Partridge Cochin Cockerel ????????
They do not do well in my nasty clay mud.
They end up with dingle balls swinging off every lower feather.

Last edited:
OK gonna throw this out to my BYC buddies first before I put it on FB and CL . I have a FREE fridge. Anybody need one? This is a decent fridge. I does have cracks in the door shelves but the rest is good. We have been using it as an egg/ produce/soda fridge for a couple years. I will help load or for the cost of fuel I would deliver.

I am letting this one go since we were given a very nice side by side which about killed me getting into the house. And I put our older side by side out as the "new" egg fridge.

IF interested in the fridge PM me.

Hey speaking of fridges..... CL did that one I gave you work out for eggs? Or are you interested in this one???

Does anyone have a Brinsea Octagon 20 incubator??? If so I would LOVE to chat with you and ask you a few questions. I a trying to decide which one to get and I am not sure if I should get the Octagon 20 ECO, Octagon 20 Advanced or the Octagon Advanced EX. I know I want one with automatic egg turner because I am very forgetful LOL but I am not quite sure what all the other gadgets are for... Thanks for your help

Does anyone have a Brinsea Octagon 20 incubator??? If so I would LOVE to chat with you and ask you a few questions. I a trying to decide which one to get and I am not sure if I should get the Octagon 20 ECO, Octagon 20 Advanced or the Octagon Advanced EX. I know I want one with automatic egg turner because I am very forgetful LOL but I am not quite sure what all the other gadgets are for... Thanks for your help
Sorry I can't help ya.My SILKIEBATOR is TOTALLY automatique. Set it and forget it ! ! !
yippiechickie.gif

525x700px-LL-a8d427a3_2012-05-2518.57.32.jpeg

Seems to me RainWolf has a girlie who looks alot like this EE...her name is Latte..........very pretty !

I would love to see a pic of her girlie!!   I cant wait till she is full grown to see what she will look like! And sooo tickled pink to hear she is a she.. hahaha Thanks Illia for also confirming!!! YAY!!  When we picked them out there were a bunch of chipmunk marked ones, then the two we grabbed.. lol Here they are together, they were the only two not chipmunk marked.. So of course we had to have them. Ha Ha! The Whitish one was a ball of white fluff, and the other was all black..

If you click on my coop page Latte is the first photo.... I now have 2 chicks from Latte and Poseidon and waiting to see what they look like grown up.

Sorry I have not been around but with work dept merger, yard/garden work, etc it has been busy.....

Lost one of my Ameraucana hens (she vanished... no feathers no body no nothing... just poof gone),
and another bator of eggs (accidentally got unplugged for a few days... I plugged it back in but looks like none made it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom