Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not positive as I have only herad this news second hand...but I hear pettec63 has had 2 goats kid, one had twins & one had triplets !!!!!!!!!

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How often does triplets happen in goats ??????????
yippiechickie.gif

Can't waite to see pictures !!!!!!!!!!!!!
My goat Aggie, who just twinned for her first freshening, was a "QUAD" so I'm hoping next year we get triplets at least!

Alex loves to attend the Peter Fewing soccer camps there. Peter and his staff are great! Usually because of his high functioning autism, he stands out as an odd kid and gets teased. At the soccer camp, they treat hime like a star, and all the kids pick up on how the staff treats him, and he becomes quite popular!

I love hearing stories like that. Both of my boys have HFA. They have difficulty with sports. They're brilliant kids though - very, very smart, with high I.Q.s. They're just quirky and "nerdy". Auburn used to have British Soccer Camp and the Britains treated my oldest like a champ, too. We absolutely loved and appreciated them. Now the city runs the soccer camps and hires highschoolers. We won't send the kids to the city soccer camp any more. We can always send them to another city's British Soccer Camp, but haven't because of the price of gas. My youngest was too young to go to British Soccer Camp when Auburn had it - so we don't know how well he would have done in that situation.

GREAT NEWS!!! My Light Brahma can walk again and has been reintroduced with her tiny "flock". She is so happy to be reunited. She has a limp, and lays down to rest frequently, but she is doing well. 4 days in a chicken chair and 2 days in a separate hospital kennel seemed to do the trick. Thanks to those of you who gave me good ideas on how to help her.

Here's some pics from the last couple of days...

Free-ranging with 2 of my kids. I love giving them the chore of "chicken-sitting" to protect them from the stray cat that thinks he belongs in my yard.

And, their new chicken tractor (my greenhouse has been reclaimed for plants
love.gif
). They are even enjoying it in today's yucky weather. We have a tarp that covers the top half of the chicken tractor perfectly.

The chicken tractor is small, and I move it at least once a day. I love how it is easy for me to carry. I designed it to be thin, so I can have the chickens with me when I'm weeding my raised garden beds that are on the unfenced side yards. The tractor will fit perfectly in the walkways.

I still have to cut off the rest of the zip ties. My hand got too sore yesterday.

Next up... building the coop and run.

I am so glad to hear some of you have goats. I have an Oberhalis doe that I was told due to kid in May, nothing yet although she has been "digging" around. But I was told that when they start to do that it will only be hours until she kids......weeks later still nothing!

Yesterday one of my daughters (almost 10 and the only one truly interested in the animals) opened the coop that I have my Speckeld Hamburgs in to get feathers and on of them flew out and onto the roof with the turkey hen. I thought for sure she would be gone. I heard her calling this morning down on the lower property, but after the last kid went off to school, the lil thing was running around the driveway. So I walked twards it and it went into my barn/shed. I closed the door behind me and grabbed her after a few failed attempts. Back in the coop she went! My daughter will be so happy, when she came in lastnight to tell me that she let it out she was sobbing! I told her that is why we have the rule that she has to ask first because they don't always remember what is going on with each chicken or coop.

Just barely keeping up here. Too many things out of my control that are currently worrying or frustrating me. Then even though I can't control them I feel guilty wasting my time online...

I'm loving everyone's stories though - Aww... the Easter Egger Sexing Tips and Tricks thing was pretty funny. Reminds me of when my daughter found catnip in a margarine tub when she was in 5th or 6th grade and nearly had a nervous breakdown over it in school because she was sure her parents were stoners. Thank goodness my aunt was the principal of the school at the time. She had Lily calmed down pretty quickly. Poor kids.

14 chicks in the brooder still growing like crazy. I caught one of the 2 1/2 week old Seramas grabbing the other teeny tiny Serama cockerel by the neck and making the poor baby cry this morning. Darn boys, already playing boys games.

Quick question: I have a mother/daughter duo who are in the process of their first coop build. We recently did a long consult and they decided they were ready for their first flock. They're debating whether or not to insulate their coop. I told them I didn't think it was necessary in this area, (Tacoma, Lakewood). But I'm wondering how many of us do have insulated coops?

Not positive as I have only herad this news second hand...but I hear pettec63 has had 2 goats kid, one had twins & one had triplets !!!!!!!!!

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How often does triplets happen in goats ??????????
yippiechickie.gif

Can't waite to see pictures !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Triplets isn't real UNcommon and even some times QUADS !
ep.gif
I hear rumor the pics are pretty cute!
hide.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom