Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
SadieSue,
Your yard/patio looks so beautiful. It looks very peaceful too.
love.gif

And what do you do that requires you to be at a wine shop for three days? Sounds like heaven. LOL
Thank you - we're enjoying our yard. I keep thanking my husband for consenting to have all the work done!

Hahaha - well I'm not drinking while I work so it's a little less than heaven! Our family wine shop sells wine and beer making equipment, in addition to about 15 of our own wines that are made here. We specialize in personalized wine labels - purchase our wine and you can have your own label put on it for special occasions for an extra $3 per label. It can be one bottle or several cases.

I'm working here tonight - (yes, I'm at work right now) because we have Private Wine Tasting Parties here 2 or 3 nights a week. Folks reserve any date Monday - Saturdays and can invite up to 25 guests for their own wine tasting from 6- 8 PM. We close to the public so the place is theirs for the next 2 hours. They bring in their own food but we provide all the wine sampling of any of the wines we sell for those 2 hours. There is no charge, but we do encourage our guests to purchase bottles of whatever new wine they've enjoyed during the evening!

The parties for the next 3 nights are Fundraising events. At the end of the evening we total all the wine and merchandise sold and give 20% back to the organization. Tonight the party is a fundraiser for Susan G. Komen, so sometime after 8 PM we'll be writing them a check. It's good to invite people who enjoy wine for the fundraisers!

Last edited:
Alright, I figure some of you would get a kick out of what the kids have named our flock. Here goes:

B.O Rooster: Fred

B.O. Rooster #2: Frank (WAS Fiona)

B.Star: HennyPenny

B.Star #2: Tiana (The Princess & The Frog)

L.H. Roo: Whitey (original?)

L.H. pullet: Snow White

Barred Rock: Cinder (-ella)

B.R#2: Briar Rose

Buttercup: Tinkerbell

BC#2: Princess Buttercup

EE Rooster: Rusty (white with redsplotches)

EE (Partridge) Fiona

EE#2 (Partridge) Sleeping Beauty

EE Barred: Rapunzel

French Black Maran: Jasmin

EE: Blue Rae

EE: Blue Belle

EE: Blue Jeane

I have two more EEs but we aren't naming them since we are giving them away next week

Love the names! I was always a fairy tale/Disney fan (still am) so I whole heartedly approve of the character inspired monikers! (When I was in first grade it was my dream to someday name a little girl "Aurora." That didn't happen but I still love the name!)

Thank you - we're enjoying our yard. I keep thanking my husband for consenting to have all the work done!

Hahaha - well I'm not drinking while I work so it's a little less than heaven! Our family wine shop sells wine and beer making equipment, in addition to about 15 of our own wines that are made here. We specialize in personalized wine labels - purchase our wine and you can have your own label put on it for special occasions for an extra $3 per label. It can be one bottle or several cases.

I'm working here tonight - (yes, I'm at work right now) because we have Private Wine Tasting Parties here 2 or 3 nights a week. Folks reserve any date Monday - Saturdays and can invite up to 25 guests for their own wine tasting from 6- 8 PM. We close to the public so the place is theirs for the next 2 hours. They bring in their own food but we provide all the wine sampling of any of the wines we sell for those 2 hours. There is no charge, but we do encourage our guests to purchase bottles of whatever new wine they've enjoyed during the evening!

The parties for the next 3 nights are Fundraising events. At the end of the evening we total all the wine and merchandise sold and give 20% back to the organization. Tonight the party is a fundraiser for Susan G. Komen, so sometime after 8 PM we'll be writing them a check. It's good to invite people who enjoy wine for the fundraisers!
WOW...very cool.
I actually had a gal do some custom labels for me. It was a party type thing and you could do pictures or your name ect. Kinda cool. I have one with a picture of two of my best friends and I. It says Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

Awesome on the fundraisers!!!

I talked to a friend today and told her I'd been worried about Princess and she had slept in the house, I syringed her liquids, etc...she said that bird would have been dead meat at her house. I don't get it. Wouldn't most people try to help a sick or injured bird, rather than cull? I also know she culled a chick last week who was huddled in a corner. I asked if she gave any meds and she said she never would.
idunno.gif
Anyone else like that, or is she the minority?
I will do what I can but I will NOT take a chicken to the vet !

Okay, still can't figure out quotes, so I'll just refer back to FireWifeJess and a conversation she was having with someone about age of self and age of kids. I'm with the Army retiree with small kids. Our life was weird, and so we're pretty old for the ages of our kids, too. I was 36 and my husband 45 when we adopted our son, and I was 39 when we had our daughter. My husband gets a lot of , "What lovely grandchildren you have!" but it's all good. They were worth waiting for. I sometimes wish I could play with them on the floor and not worry about whether my knees will let me get up again...There ARE pluses to having kids when you're still young!

Hope everyone enjoyed the nice, sunny day today. The chickies did a lot of sunbathing today!

--Nikki

Okay, still can't figure out quotes, so I'll just refer back to FireWifeJess and a conversation she was having with someone about age of self and age of kids. I'm with the Army retiree with small kids. Our life was weird, and so we're pretty old for the ages of our kids, too. I was 36 and my husband 45 when we adopted our son, and I was 39 when we had our daughter. My husband gets a lot of , "What lovely grandchildren you have!" but it's all good. They were worth waiting for. I sometimes wish I could play with them on the floor and not worry about whether my knees will let me get up again...There ARE pluses to having kids when you're still young!

Hope everyone enjoyed the nice, sunny day today. The chickies did a lot of sunbathing today!

--Nikki

Click here then type below the blue box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom