Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much would one expect to pay for a 13 week pullet at that auction? I might go over there on Saturday just to see if there's any age appropriate pullets I could add to our flock...but I'm cheap and not going to pay $20 for a bird ;)
The trouble with buying at the auction. You NEVER KNOW what you are taking home. Be very careful. While there are a lot of good sellers there are also plenty who are "dumping junk" !

My hubby gave up skydiving when we moved here. Not enough nice days a year to do it . How can your hubby make enough money as an instructor with the crappy weather we have?
During the winter the jump center is open from Friday through Monday. There are instructors there the whole weekend in case a 'hole' opens up and they can make a jump. From May through October they are open EVERY DAY. My husband can take videos of tandem skydives, be a tandem instructor, or an AFF instructor (Teach students how to free fall). Last year between May & October he made $10,000.

The trouble with buying at the auction. You NEVER KNOW what you are taking home. Be very careful. While there are a lot of good sellers there are also plenty who are "dumping junk" !

Would fertilized eggs be OK from an auction? Granted, they might not hatch, or they might not be the breed they say, but they wouldn't be sick. Or could they?

hi guys I hope all is well
frow.gif

So, after all the hard work on the beautiful coop, the pullets don't like it. When the automatic door opened this morning, they looked terrified. Tonight, they didn't want to go back in. They were pushing hard to go back in the house to get to the garage.
idunno.gif
I hope they get used to it. Granted, the garage was probably warmer.

Well, WE love it. I'll post a picture soon.

So, after all the hard work on the beautiful coop, the pullets don't like it. When the automatic door opened this morning, they looked terrified. Tonight, they didn't want to go back in. They were pushing hard to go back in the house to get to the garage.
idunno.gif
I hope they get used to it. Granted, the garage was probably warmer.

Well, WE love it. I'll post a picture soon.
It took me a few nights of putting everyone in the new house before they all went in on their own.

I'm sorry about your kitty. I know this is difficult. When our 15-year-old French Brittany bled out through his nose (we're guessing something burst), it was devastating. He died about 4 years ago, and we have never replaced him. Our 3 chickens are our first pets since he died (not counting the free ... er, not-so-free because we bought a tank for them... gold fish).
Thanks Itsren. Felix has a twin brother named Oscar. He's a hoot and he's healthy as a horse. We also have our rescue (he was 2 weeks old, found him in the road) cat Smoky who is now 2yrs and is a lovey dovey little indoor/outdoor mouser. Felix and Oscar are Persians, inside cats and spoiled.
love.gif

Quote: I think the risk would be fairly low for any individual disease, but there are diseases that can spread in the egg from the hen. And remember shells are porous so it is possible for contamination through the shell, on the shell, and even on the container the eggs are in.
And all that is possible from any source of eggs, not just auctions.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom