1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Wasn't sure where to post this but..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TherryChicken, Oct 17, 2012.

1. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    I am getting a rooster YAY! Anyway, just curious at what yall think, my rooster is a Lemon cukoo orpington and my hen is going to be a lavender orpington. What do you think the colors would turn out? Won't these chicks be 2/3 orpington and 1/3 maran?

2. Big A Chickens

Big A Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Palmetto, Georgia
  3. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
  4. Big A Chickens

Jun 29, 2012
    Palmetto, Georgia
    When you get him post a pic. I would like to see how wonderful I'm suspecting he will look!!!!

5. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    I have a picture of him, but don't have him yet. As soon as I get him I'll post it, but just incase something happends and I can't get him (hoping not) then i'm going to wait till we get him :) he looks like this though

[​IMG]
    Looks VERY similar to this guy.. I found this picture on google, so if this roo belongs to anyone here, sorry.. I blame the enternet LOL

6. Big A Chickens

Jun 29, 2012
    Palmetto, Georgia
    That is a very gorgeous bird. WOW :thumbsup

7. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    Thanks I think so too, the one i'm getting has more of a buff body.. He is a BIG boy.. Larger then you'r average buff orpington roo and he's 8 months old!! Can't wait to get him then I'll post picks of him..

8. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    Yay the roo is mine!! So excited, I'm getting him on satruday!!
    This is him
    [​IMG]
    Isn't he gorgeous :D!! Everytime I look at him i feel like a little girl in a candy shop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by