waste catcher?

mlm1965

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 14, 2009
Maryville, TN
Okay I want to know how feasible this would be. my henb house is a dog house 4' by 4' I have thought abt getting one of those storage boxes to go under the roost. Would be covered with some kind of wire cover so they could not get into it. That way the places under the roost would stay clean all the time. I got the idea from a rabbit hutch with a waste pan underneath it.

Another question if you think this would work, reckon I could use cat litter and just scoop out the clumps every day or two.

Please tell me what you think as all opinions are welcome!

Last edited:
I've read of others using sand in a similar way. As long as they couldn't get to the litter, then I don't see why you couldn't use it??? I use clumping litter at home (for my cats...lol), and love the way it works. Hmmm...I wonder what others will think.

I use old, white, plastic seriving trays (like what hospials used to use) that I got at a rummage sale for FREE. They are about 2 1/2' x 1 1/2'. I lined them up and put some wood shavings and DE on there. And I just empty the tray when I think it needs it. Works great.

Back
Top Bottom