Watching a Quail Chick Die

ive never heard of putting electrolytes in [healthy] chicks' water, although now i wish i did! no, i havent been doing that. all my other chicks seem normal though.
When I first decided to get into raising Quail, I had a number of people tell me to start them on electrolytes as soon as they go into the brooder to kind of give them a little extra boost with their systems and development. I've never tried it without so I have no way of comparing with or without. I just didn't want to take a chance after being told it was a good idea.

Im so sorry, I don't have much experience, or any at all with Quail, but I do hope that more members come along who do.
May I suggest you change your title to "Watching a quail chick die" and ask this be moved to the ER section? You might get more immediate help.
How do I get to the ER section? I just clipped my quail’s wing and I think I went too far 😱😬😞

How do I get to the ER section? I just clipped my quail’s wing and I think I went too far 😱😬😞
If you click the forums button, top of the screen for a computer, left hand side. Theres a forum titled, Emergencies, Diseases, Injuried, and Cures. Click that and post a thread there. Or go to whats new (on a computer) click post a thread, and select that forum in the next step.
I hope your able to get your quail recovering soon. :hugs

You can likely help them! NUTRI-DRENCH is a life-saver, literally! Dip a Q tip in it or a dropper and touch to the top of baby's beak so a tiny bit gets in their mouth. GLUCOSE TABS: dissolve in a small amount of hot water and make a slurry and put some in baby's beak also. SAV-A-CHICK is good but if you don't have any, Pedialyte will do! Get the real sugar one not the diet kind. Repeat every 20 min to an hour and s/he should build up strength. Keep us posted! You may want to make a little ICU or keep baby close to your body (skin contact under your shirt) and make sure baby is kept warm enough. They are so fragile and need warmth at this tender time. I'm praying for your little one!

Back
Top Bottom