Watching Hunger Hits Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, it isn't just the kids I care about personally. Many adults are in situations where gardening is not feasible either. Living in your car, working multiple jobs to the point where it is impossible to get a full night's sleep, and mental illness are just a few reasons that come to mind. Not saying the person on the show couldn't have gardened (no cable here), but many are just trying to get from one day to the next.
You can watch the show on the net for free on the food network site.

I watched it last night because I had recorded it and I did not see that there's 2.5 million hungry kids in Calif. did I miss that part or is that number coming from somewhere else ?

old.gif

I watched it last night because I had recorded it and I did not see that there's 2.5 million hungry kids in Calif. did I miss that part or is that number coming from somewhere else ?

old.gif

Hemet...the facts are that there are 2.5 million children in California alone that are fighting hunger AND accross the entire US 1 in 5 children have hunger issues. So, if you dont believe it, then how many do you believe go hungry? Is it just 2 million, maybe just 500,000, and maybe just one. And if it is just one hungry child, then it is one too many.

The point I was thinking of when I posted is SOMEONE is responsible for those children. As stated, I've not watched the show and I'm no expert on childhood hunger. My point is what are the PARENTS doing to help their children? We've a huge epidemic of sitonourbuttitis in this country and waitforthegovernmenttohelpme syndrome is also rampant and seems to be contagious. No, I don't expect kids to feed themselves, that's not their job. It's the job of their parents. I only had two children cause that's all I wanted to be responsible for. Same reason I only have two horses and two dogs and I don't have an incubator running full tilt. Cause I have all the animals I want to be responsible for already. I know things have been hard lately but I also know many claiming to be hungry could cut out the internet, the cable, the texting on the phone, not drive so much, stop buying lattes or other gourmet coffee, quit smoking and/or drinking, etc. A lot of times it's a matter of priorities, and the parents need to cowboy up and take care of their own kids.

Hemet...the facts are that there are 2.5 million children in California alone that are fighting hunger AND accross the entire US 1 in 5 children have hunger issues. So, if you dont believe it, then how many do you believe go hungry? Is it just 2 million, maybe just 500,000, and maybe just one. And if it is just one hungry child, then it is one too many.
I'm just asking where are you getting this "fact" ?

old.gif

Still waiting for that definition of hunger your honor.
pop.gif

This is just too simple...listen just do not eat for the next three days and somewhere around the third day that feeling that you feel, that is hunger. And to put all of this at and end, I am tired of trying to explain to people like Donrae that it may be the parent's fault that their children go hungry but it does not make it OK that children are going hungry. All these wonderful stories about how hard or tough they all had it but still they managed to feed their children. Who cares, that is what you are suppossed to do. And lastly, chickened, it never was Obama's or any other politician's responsibility to feed these children; it is ours...yours and mine. And I note that you are waiting while stuffing your face with popcorn. Get your butt out and give some money or food to the local food bank.

Best advice I have heard you give on this thread. And I actually do http://www.portlandrescuemission.org/ a great one.

This is just too simple...listen just do not eat for the next three days and somewhere around the third day that feeling that you feel, that is hunger. And to put all of this at and end, I am tired of trying to explain to people like Donrae that it may be the parent's fault that their children go hungry but it does not make it OK that children are going hungry. All these wonderful stories about how hard or tough they all had it but still they managed to feed their children. Who cares, that is what you are suppossed to do. And lastly, chickened, it never was Obama's or any other politician's responsibility to feed these children; it is ours...yours and mine. And I note that you are waiting while stuffing your face with popcorn. Get your butt out and give some money or food to the local food bank.

Last edited:
Capvin please leave the politics out of this thread.
I started this to be a discussion concerning the issue of childhood hunger here in the US. Since I had found the show so interesting I thought to share it. If you are going to post info such as the 2.5 million kids hungry in California please post the link that shows that info or the story so we can all read it.

Everyone please lets all be polite to each other.

Now I understand that kids at a young age cannot support themselves. I was talking about the teenagers they showed.
No one needs to teach them to garden the internet is a wonderful thing. Green houses have people full of knowledge.
I do understand that there are areas where they cannot grow their own food and working several jobs make it impossible.

Now I mentioned a couple different groups in our State that offer free food to those who need it. Just wondering if there are like groups in everyone else's state's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom