water and food in coop

walkerfarm1

Hatching
May 12, 2015
Should i keep water and food in coop for my ducklings and chicks at night? My ducklings spill water all over the place and soak the bedding.

There is no need for food/water to be available at night - once they go to roost they don't eat/drink. That being said, if you confine them to the coop at night you need to be sure to be committed to going out to let them out at a reasonable time so they have access to food/water again if you keep it in the run and/or replace the feeder/waterer if you are simply removing it from inside the coop for hte night.

There is no need for food/water to be available at night - once they go to roost they don't eat/drink.  That being said, if you confine them to the coop at night you need to be sure to be committed to going out to let them out at a reasonable time so they have access to food/water again if you keep it in the run and/or replace the feeder/waterer if you are simply removing it from inside the coop for hte night.

Agree,my food and water are only in the run.

Do you think it would be to long without food and water if i put them in the coop at 9 pm then let them out at 5 am?

We put ours in around 9 and open coop around 6 hope that not to long they still don't go in at night is why we have to put them in only been out 2 nights so I hope they figure it out

Back
Top Bottom