Water came out of her mouth

Good to hear she feels well enough to eat a little and roost. Her poop will look white and watery as long as she is drinking a lot more than she is eating. Let us know how she's doing after a day of antifungal meds and crop massages.
I will!! How often do you massage?

I will!! How often do you massage?
I'd give her a massage at least twice a day before giving the cream. If you're home during the day you can check on her midday and give another massage if her crop feels full. Supposedly their crop muscles feel sore when they have sour crop so be gentle and don't over do it, just try to make sure food and water isn;t sitting in there all day fermenting and making her sicker.

Good to hear she feels well enough to eat a little and roost. Her poop will look white and watery as long as she is drinking a lot more than she is eating. Let us know how she's doing after a day of antifungal meds and crop massages.
This morning her crop was squishy, nothing came out at least! I gave her some monistat cream and coconut oil not much of each as she was more she was not in the corner of the coop when I went in. Her tail is still down a little, but she came when I called all the chickens for some scraps.

This morning her crop was squishy, nothing came out at least! I gave her some monistat cream and coconut oil not much of each as she was more she was not in the corner of the coop when I went in. Her tail is still down a little, but she came when I called all the chickens for some scraps.
Ugh I don’t think she’s feeling good, just looking at food , not eating, crop feels the same , gave more coconut oil and cream

Can you get the crop to empty (become smaller) when you massage? The entrance to the rest of the digestive system is toward the top of the crop so you need to massage upward slightly to help empty it. If she's not eating anything at all I'd give her a little sugar water a few times a day to keep her energy up.

How does her belly (the area between her legs and vent) feel? Any swelling or squishiness there?

Can you get the crop to empty (become smaller) when you massage? The entrance to the rest of the digestive system is toward the top of the crop so you need to massage upward slightly to help empty it. If she's not eating anything at all I'd give her a little sugar water a few times a day to keep her energy up.

How does her belly (the area between her legs and vent) feel? Any swelling or squishiness there?
Ok so rub it up or down? I’ll check her belly in the morning. Should I mix food for her ? Like syringe something?

Ok so rub it up or down? I’ll check her belly in the morning. Should I mix food for her ? Like syringe something?
Rub up, but gently or it might all come out her mouth again.

I don't think you need to try syringe feeding yet--if there is an obstruction it could do more harm than good--but you could wet some pellets/crumbles to make a mash, with a spoon of plain yogurt if you have it, and see if that is enticing to her.

Rub up, but gently or it might all come out her mouth again.

I don't think you need to try syringe feeding yet--if there is an obstruction it could do more harm than good--but you could wet some pellets/crumbles to make a mash, with a spoon of plain yogurt if you have it, and see if that is enticing to her.
Ok thank you! I think I’ll put her in a separate coop today , I have a coop that doesn’t get used I can set her up in there

Ok thank you! I think I’ll put her in a separate coop today , I have a coop that doesn’t get used I can set her up in there
The cream is good for sour crop, I’ve had to use it before, but don’t overdo it. That too can be very bad for her. I personally only give one pea size of it once a day.seven days at most, 5 in the case I was dealing with.

The cream is good for sour crop, I’ve had to use it before, but don’t overdo it. That too can be very bad for her. I personally only give one pea size of it once a day.seven days at most, 5 in the case I was dealing with.
I’ve given it twice , so just once a day. Is AVC better ? Or coconut oil? I can’t imagine that cream is tasty.

Back
Top Bottom