Water came out of her mouth

You can do this Nancy! What a cute name for a hen. You are a loving and attentive caregiver and you are doing great! It's not easy figuring what's wrong. As others have mentioned, since her exact age is undetermined, I usually find crop issues can sometimes be a result of something further down the digestive line. That being said, you have so many VERY knowledgeable people on here giving you very good advice. Will keep Nancy in my prayers for a swift recovery. Will be thinking of you both! ❤️

Last edited:
I don’t want to distract anyone or take away any treatment advice that had been given. You’ve been getting stellar advice.

That being said I use to work in an animal clinic myself and though I’m no doctor it would be my guess that she has some reproductive problem. I’m basing that on the fact that she has never laid an egg for you and she’s only 4? From what you said previously. Reproductive problems can cause this sort of impact as well as parasites.

If it was a tumor, cyst, oviduct or some sort of bursting that caused the bleeding, my concern is that corid deprives that hen of b12, which she needs in order to fight a risk of infection. She needs rest, the least amount of stress possible, comfortable amount of warmth, the most amount of nutrients you can get into her and ideally the appropriate antibiotics.

Well Nancy is hanging on, some dark dark stool in her cage this morning, no consistency to it, gave her another dose of corid, offered her eggs and blueberries and she’s absolutely not interested 😢but she’s still talking to me❤️
Corid only blocks vitamin B-1, thiamine.
I am glad to know, sorry I thought it blocked b12 which made me concerned for her recovery.

I don’t want to distract anyone or take away any treatment advice that had been given. You’ve been getting stellar advice.

That being said I use to work in an animal clinic myself and though I’m no doctor it would be my guess that she has some reproductive problem. I’m basing that on the fact that she has never laid an egg for you and she’s only 4? From what you said previously. Reproductive problems can cause this sort of impact as well as parasites.

If it was a tumor, cyst, oviduct or some sort of bursting that caused the bleeding, my concern is that corid deprives that hen of b12, which she needs in order to fight a risk of infection. She needs rest, the least amount of stress possible, comfortable amount of warmth, the most amount of nutrients you can get into her and ideally the appropriate antibiotics.
So it wouldn’t hurt for me to give her some nutradrench or poultry cell??

Back
Top Bottom