Water came out of her mouth

So I think I’m at the point with Nancy of making the hard decision, looking for some advice, the poo is liquid brown kinda just dripping, I am keeping her as clean as I can, i brought her out of the cage, she takes two steps and lays down. I picked her up and put her on a box to give her corid and water came out her mouth again, she’s gurgling sounding. Ugh ….. I opted not to give the corid to her . I thought it looked like she might have drank and attempted to eat as there were pieces of food in the water dish but i saw a mouse in the barn and wondered if he might have had a snack , barn kitties must be on vacation łøł . I know you can’t exactly tell me what to do but any advice is appreciated ❤️

I am sorry to hear that things are not better for Nancy, and I know this is not an easy decision. My husband and I usually go by quality of life and start with the basics... If she is eating, drinking and walking - then I don't usually interfere. Since she is showing signs of slowing down and having issues with her overall system (the blood in her stool, the lack of eating, drinking and digestion of her crop) it is an indicator that she is at the end of her life and you may need to make that hard decision for her since there is not much else you can do to help her. I would just keep her comfortable and spend time with her and see what happens over the next few days. Love always works wonders in my eye!

Sending love to you and Nancy ❤️

So I think I’m at the point with Nancy of making the hard decision, looking for some advice, the poo is liquid brown kinda just dripping, I am keeping her as clean as I can, i brought her out of the cage, she takes two steps and lays down. I picked her up and put her on a box to give her corid and water came out her mouth again, she’s gurgling sounding. Ugh ….. I opted not to give the corid to her . I thought it looked like she might have drank and attempted to eat as there were pieces of food in the water dish but i saw a mouse in the barn and wondered if he might have had a snack , barn kitties must be on vacation łøł . I know you can’t exactly tell me what to do but any advice is appreciated ❤️
How has her crop been? Is it still full and like a water ballon? Empty?

Also is she alert?

Personally if she were mine I would stop the corid. I would give her Tylan if I had it or at least garlic. I would also give her meal worms, some suet, Coconut oil as you have and plain cultured yogurt continuing with egg if her crop is not full. Food with a lot of energy. Anything she is willing to eat if she will. Also electrolytes in her water.

Other than that, wait and watch , keep her comfortable and if she seems to be suffering and doesn’t look like she would improve maybe it’s time, only you will really know being with her when that time comes.

Last edited:
Personally if she were mine I would stop the corid. I would give her Tylan if I had it or at least garlic. I would also give her meal worms, some suet, Coconut oil as you have and plain cultured yogurt continuing with egg if her crop is not full. Food with a lot of energy. Anything she is willing to eat if she will. Also electrolytes in her water.

Other than that, wait and watch , keep her comfortable and if she seems to be suffering and doesn’t look like she would improve maybe it’s time, only you will really know being with her when that time comes.
Is it ok to syringe feed her?

I am sorry to hear that things are not better for Nancy, and I know this is not an easy decision. My husband and I usually go by quality of life and start with the basics... If she is eating, drinking and walking - then I don't usually interfere. Since she is showing signs of slowing down and having issues with her overall system (the blood in her stool, the lack of eating, drinking and digestion of her crop) it is an indicator that she is at the end of her life and you may need to make that hard decision for her since there is not much else you can do to help her. I would just keep her comfortable and spend time with her and see what happens over the next few days. Love always works wonders in my eye!

Sending love to you and Nancy ❤️
Thank you so much❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom