water designs for winter??

cpsmith02

Chirping
Jul 22, 2015
Westminster MD
My coop has a water bottle made out of a five gallon bucket with a hole in the bottom for a piece of pvc pipe to run along the side with watering nipples for the chickens to drink out of. It works great for the girls and my rooster but the temperatures are getting lower and lower everyday here. The water will freeze in that bucket so need to find some designs for a winter water supply that wont freeze in low temps. Can anyone help??

Last edited:
I second this question! I have just regular old waterers - but I do have five chicken nipples, just haven't used them yet. I'm in Canada, so it's gets pretty darn cold in about 6-8 weeks and am hoping to a water heater.

I second this question! I have just regular old waterers - but I do have five chicken nipples, just haven't used them yet. I'm in Canada, so it's gets pretty darn cold in about 6-8 weeks and am hoping to a water heater.
The water nipples work great! We've only had one break so far. I live in Maryland and they are calling for snow on the 1st of October!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom