Water managment

You might want to cover the pen with a tarp for shade. I did that, it was a major improvement.
smile.png

Nice pen and cute chicken!!!
cool.png

Last edited:
I rotate between vit./mineral, plain old tap water, water with 1 tablespoon of bragg's apple cidar vinegar it's organic with the healthy bacteria in it. I just divide it up in a week....ie, 1 day plain tap water, next vit/mineral, next day vinegar. Girls and boys are all happy and healthy!
I have a box fan in each coop to help move the air and lots of shade for them.
Hope that helps....cute chicks!
jumpy.gif

I'm giving my chicks (about 8-9 weeks) watermelon for electrolytes. Watermelon is naturally very high in electolytes and they absolutely love it. If I go out there without a piece of watermelon they act real dissapointed! lol

I use the Bragg's Apple Cider vinegar too, and I fill up their watering container with ice during the hottest part of the day. They really seem to be fine despite the heat, it got up to 104 degrees here yesterday! I'm probably more worried about them than I need to be. One thing I did notice is that they are eating less during the day, but then they desperately want to pig out when the sun goes down.

Watermelon?? that is really interesting. I have never thought about
giving them watermelon.
thumbsup.gif

Do they eat the seeds too? or do I need to get seedless??

I love all the great ideas that I get here, without BYC I have
no idea what I would do. Probably not have chickens
wink.png

Thanks so much you all
wee.gif

Just gave my five BO five week old chicks some watermelon rind and they went bonkers over it. I have Braggs ACV in the water, 1 tablespoon per
gallon as recommended in some prior post. Nobodys sick looking or dead yet. In this heat I have lots of shade available for the little dudettes.

Back
Top Bottom